Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    I updated my firmware to 546, and had trouble with the NVS screen, as the bottom Reboot and fw: I2S-4MFlash.546.master-cmake, mode: squeezelite, SSID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, IP: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx "banner" covers the buttons at the bottom of the screen. Just tried 552 and have the same problem. Should I be using different firmware? Tried searching NVS but had no luck.

Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mboxler View Post
    I updated my firmware to 546, and had trouble with the NVS screen, as the bottom Reboot and fw: I2S-4MFlash.546.master-cmake, mode: squeezelite, SSID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, IP: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx "banner" covers the buttons at the bottom of the screen. Just tried 552 and have the same problem. Should I be using different firmware? Tried searching NVS but had no luck.

Thanks, Mike
    It's a small bug that I think @sle118 has already fixes locally. You should be able to click just on the visible part of the button, though
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    It's a small bug that I think @sle118 has already fixes locally. You should be able to click just on the visible part of the button, though
    I figured as such. I should have also asked how the four buttons are labeled. There are three light blue on the left side of the screen and a dark blue
    on the right. I can click on them but have no idea which is which.

I figured as such. I should have also asked how the four buttons are labeled. There are three light blue on the left side of the screen and a dark blue
    on the right. I can click on them but have no idea which is which.
    The upcoming changes should come soon enough. Thank you for your patience!
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Thanks! This is all I get with a connected and working SSD1306 display

Executing

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
    00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    I established a Putty session. When I execute the Scan I2C bus for devices command I get dozens of this message...

E (145503) i2c: /opt/esp/idf/components/driver/i2c.c:1273 (i2c_master_cmd_begin):i2c driver not installed

Is this a clue to my issue?

I2S-4MFlash.546.master-cmake

Thanks, Mike

I established a Putty session. When I execute the Scan I2C bus for devices command I get dozens of this message...

E (145503) i2c: /opt/esp/idf/components/driver/i2c.c:1273 (i2c_master_cmd_begin):i2c driver not installed

Is this a clue to my issue?

I2S-4MFlash.546.master-cmake

Thanks, Mike
    Please share your configuration so I can have a look. Driver not installed seems to indicate that i2c is misconfigured. My main dev desktop's power supply died yesterday so I will need to go from memory for a couple of days
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Please share your configuration so I can have a look. Driver not installed seems to indicate that i2c is misconfigured. My main dev desktop's power supply died yesterday so I will need to go from memory for a couple of days
    Thank you for the help (and everything else you do for that matter). I assumed that since the display was working that I had I2c
    configured properly.

NVS Editor

display_config I2C:width=128,height=32,address=60,driver=SSD1306, HFlip,VFlip

i2c_config scl=22,sda=21,speed=100000,port=1
    Last edited by mboxler; 2021-01-19 at 06:00.

can't find precompiled binaries

Hi folks,

I got me a ESP32-A1S Audio development Kit (this one: https://www.exp-tech.de/plattformen/...evelopment-kit) to test your great project.

Yesterday I tried to build Squeezelite-esp32 myself using a native Installation of esp-idf (on Pop!_OS 20.10) and also using the provided docker image, both with no success so far.
    I will have a deeper look into it and come back to you if I need further assistance with building from source.

For now my question is where I can find the precompiled binaries.
    I read that sle118 "removed the release binaries all the way to 539", however I still can't find any release binaries at all.

I have looked through the archives here https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/tags
    But as I am a new to your project, I don't know where and what to look for exactly.
    Maybe someone can point me to the most recent binaries for my board that I'm supposed to use.

Thanks in advance

Click the button next to Tags to go to Releases: https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/releases

Then expand the assets below the block of text.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Click the button next to Tags to go to Releases: https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/releases

Then expand the assets below the block of text.
    Thank you. This is actually not so hard to find.
    I have to open my eyes next time