Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Understanding SqueezeESP32 Plugin and equalizer

I've run into more problems with the Equalizer,

Initially one player wasn't reacting to changed equaliser settings with this message logged in LMS:

[20-11-23 16:58:50.1248] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (455) Request failed with error: Bad dispatch!
    [20-11-23 16:58:54.1886] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Plugins::SqueezeESP32::Plugin::setEQ]: [Can't locate object method "send_equalizer" via package "Slim::Player::SqueezePlay" at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SqueezeESP32/Plugin.pm line 98

I've tried my previous trick of deleting the plugin squeezeesp32.prefs bit that made no difference, I then deleted all LMS settings, plugins and cache and set up LMS again from scratch.

Erased and re-flashed an A1S with 526 using I2S and wired headphones, so was effectively working from scratch from both LMS and a player point of view.

Now changing the equalizer settings did alter the sound of the music but despite saving, the settings were always back to 0 when you went back into the player squeezeesp32 settings in LMS. Adjusting the settings again caused really bad distortion on the sound and that's where I'm stuck...

I've deleted squeezeesp32.prefs again, and erased and reflashed the A1S, re-connected it to wifi and made no other changes... and I'm still getting the really bad distortion.

So what's saved where? Why are the bad settings persisting? and what's the best way to get everything reset back.

Thanks in advance

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by MumPf View Post
    small suggestion for improvement:
    The link of the LMS-Plugin (...repo.xml) in the first post ist broken. I found the korrekt link in the Readme... so no problem for me, but maybe for new people, who only read the first post...
    Can you edit the first post? Thanks and Greetings.
    Done, thanks!
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    I've run into more problems with the Equalizer,

Initially one player wasn't reacting to changed equaliser settings with this message logged in LMS:

[20-11-23 16:58:50.1248] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (455) Request failed with error: Bad dispatch!
    [20-11-23 16:58:54.1886] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Plugins::SqueezeESP32::Plugin::setEQ]: [Can't locate object method "send_equalizer" via package "Slim::Player::SqueezePlay" at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SqueezeESP32/Plugin.pm line 98

I've tried my previous trick of deleting the plugin squeezeesp32.prefs bit that made no difference, I then deleted all LMS settings, plugins and cache and set up LMS again from scratch.

Erased and re-flashed an A1S with 526 using I2S and wired headphones, so was effectively working from scratch from both LMS and a player point of view.

Now changing the equalizer settings did alter the sound of the music but despite saving, the settings were always back to 0 when you went back into the player squeezeesp32 settings in LMS. Adjusting the settings again caused really bad distortion on the sound and that's where I'm stuck...

I've deleted squeezeesp32.prefs again, and erased and reflashed the A1S, re-connected it to wifi and made no other changes... and I'm still getting the really bad distortion.

So what's saved where? Why are the bad settings persisting? and what's the best way to get everything reset back.

Thanks in advance

Kev
    I will look at that tomorrow, there seems to be something problematic with just the plugin side of things, but it also might be due to the swaps betwee, 142 and newer (I need to verify) as I had to introduce two player types (with or without display) and there is no good backward compatibility. And old firmware sends a mode 100 and the new plugin then thinks it has display and is messed up with that.
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I will look at that tomorrow, there seems to be something problematic with just the plugin side of things, but it also might be due to the swaps betwee, 142 and newer (I need to verify) as I had to introduce two player types (with or without display) and there is no good backward compatibility. And old firmware sends a mode 100 and the new plugin then thinks it has display and is messed up with that.
    OK thanks.

In this case though, I had cleared LMS cache, settings and plugins from LMS (Remove cache and preferences in pCP) and then set LMS up again, squeeze network login, music and playlist locations etc added all my plugins and configured up all my players, erased the A1S flash and loaded 526 from scratch, so unless I've missed something stored somewhere in LMS that player had not been on that system as 142.

This morning I cleared the squeezeesp32.pref file again, erased the A1S and re-flashed 526, and now the sound is back to normal and equalizer changes are working and remaining stored... pretty sure that was the first thing I tried yesterday and it didn't sort it, go figure.

Kev