Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173
Results 1,721 to 1,726 of 1726
    Unfortunately I still don't have this working, I'm hoping the following information either helps fix the problem or determine if there are some incompatible boards floating around and helps ID them.

I ran the flash ID command and received the following.
    Code:
    PS C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v4.4.3\examples\wifi> esptool.py flash_id
    esptool.py v3.3.2
    Found 1 serial ports
    Serial port COM3
    Connecting....
    Detecting chip type... Unsupported detection protocol, switching and trying again...
    Connecting....
    Detecting chip type... ESP32
    Chip is ESP32-D0WDQ6 (revision 1)
    Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None
    Crystal is 40MHz
    MAC: ec:62:60:9b:01:00
    Uploading stub...
    Running stub...
    Stub running...
    Manufacturer: 5e
    Device: 4016
    Detected flash size: 4MB
    Hard resetting via RTS pin...
    I also unsoldered the 6 pins that appear to go to the flash memory, here are a couple pictures of the board
    Name:  ESP32 1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  148.5 KB
    Name:  ESP32 2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  149.4 KB

After this I reflashed with 2.1231 and received the same error. I then flashed with the WLED web installer which appears to be similar and it was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudiot View Post
    After this I reflashed with 2.1231 and received the same error. I then flashed with the WLED web installer which appears to be similar and it was successful.
    When you say it was successful. You mean the board works, or flash was successful? One of the web installer out there has outdated binaries. I keep this one up to date:
    https://sle118.github.io/squeezelite-esp32-installer/
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    When you say it was successful. You mean the board works, or flash was successful? One of the web installer out there has outdated binaries. I keep this one up to date:
    https://sle118.github.io/squeezelite-esp32-installer/

Sorry that wasn't very clear. That is the web installer I have been using for Sqeezelite. To make sure nothing on the board was damaged after removing pins I decided to flash it with a different piece of software. Since https://install.wled.me/ appears very similar to your installer I decided to try it and it was successful at installing WLED, not squeezelite.

Sorry I haven't posted pictures of my board yet, it's not easily accessible and I haven't had the time to get to it. The board that the other poster has posted pictures of looks questionable to me. The correct pins have been removed (and much more tidily than I did mine), but the chip seems to be marked as a WROVER-E but identified as D0WDQ6. That combination doesn't exist: WROVER-E is V3 of the ESP32, but D0WDQ6 is the earliest production run of the ESP32.

I wouldn't trust that board at all.

Quote Originally Posted by edw5 View Post
    Sorry I haven't posted pictures of my board yet, it's not easily accessible and I haven't had the time to get to it. The board that the other poster has posted pictures of looks questionable to me. The correct pins have been removed (and much more tidily than I did mine), but the chip seems to be marked as a WROVER-E but identified as D0WDQ6. That combination doesn't exist: WROVER-E is V3 of the ESP32, but D0WDQ6 is the earliest production run of the ESP32.

I wouldn't trust that board at all.
    That makes a lot of sense. I'm inclined to agree, there is something not right even though it shows the proper amount of memory etc, and that would explain it. When the Amazon photo shows a solder bridge on pins that might be a good indicator not to buy lol. I've ordered a couple of different boards to try now to decide if I want to try returning a slightly modified incorrectly labeled one.

Thanks everyone for the help!

All you need is an ESP32-CAM, a bluetooth speaker...

and an LED strip

This is a subtle ploy to get my PR merged!
    SlimServer user since circa 2003 - still the best networked audio solution after 20+years!