Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,580
    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    Unfortunately it is used for other things - but I do have others I could try that on - I do like to know the config files these interfaces are modifying though otherwise I'll never understand what does what


    I'm running Raspberry PI OS Buster Desktop

    Installed Squeezelite from the repository, choose the Alsa version

    This is my

    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/default/squeezelite
    Code:
    # Defaults for squeezelite initscript
    # sourced by /etc/init.d/squeezelite
    # installed at /etc/default/squeezelite by the maintainer scripts
    
    # The name for the squeezelite player:
    SL_NAME="$(hostname -s)"
    
    # ALSA output device:
    SL_SOUNDCARD="hw:CARD=Control,DEV=0"
    
    # Squeezebox server (Logitech Media Server):
    # Uncomment the next line if you want to point squeezelite at the IP address of
    # your squeezebox server. This is usually unnecessary as the server is
    # automatically discovered.
    #SB_SERVER_IP="192.168.x.y"
    
    # Additional options to pass to squeezelite:
    # Please do not include -z to make squeezelite daemonise itself.
    SB_EXTRA_ARGS="-C 5"
    save and exit

    Code:
    Ctrl+x   Y   Enter
    Code:
    sudo reboot
    Adjust the volume output to 100% in LMS > Settings > Player > Audio

    ronnie

  2. #12
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I'm running Raspberry PI OS Buster Desktop

    Installed Squeezelite from the repository, choose the Alsa version

    This is my

    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/default/squeezelite
    Code:
    # Defaults for squeezelite initscript
    # sourced by /etc/init.d/squeezelite
    # installed at /etc/default/squeezelite by the maintainer scripts
    
    # The name for the squeezelite player:
    SL_NAME="$(hostname -s)"
    
    # ALSA output device:
    SL_SOUNDCARD="hw:CARD=Control,DEV=0"
    
    # Squeezebox server (Logitech Media Server):
    # Uncomment the next line if you want to point squeezelite at the IP address of
    # your squeezebox server. This is usually unnecessary as the server is
    # automatically discovered.
    #SB_SERVER_IP="192.168.x.y"
    
    # Additional options to pass to squeezelite:
    # Please do not include -z to make squeezelite daemonise itself.
    SB_EXTRA_ARGS="-C 5"
    save and exit

    Code:
    Ctrl+x   Y   Enter
    Code:
    sudo reboot
    Adjust the volume output to 100% in LMS > Settings > Player > Audio

    ronnie

    Hi Ronnie thanks I'll try that - are you using a Khadas ? also how do you choose the ALSA one ?
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

    Friendlyarm Nanopi M4 V1 NVME M2 SSD 1TB -> Chord Qutest DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,001
    I知 watching this thread as I have a Tone Board and case on order from Audiophonics. I値l be running with a Pi4 and piCorePlayer

    @Ronnie - why 100% fixed output? Is this considered optimal?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

  4. #14
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I'm running Raspberry PI OS Buster Desktop

    Installed Squeezelite from the repository, choose the Alsa version

    This is my

    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/default/squeezelite
    Code:
    # Defaults for squeezelite initscript
    # sourced by /etc/init.d/squeezelite
    # installed at /etc/default/squeezelite by the maintainer scripts
    
    # The name for the squeezelite player:
    SL_NAME="$(hostname -s)"
    
    # ALSA output device:
    SL_SOUNDCARD="hw:CARD=Control,DEV=0"
    
    # Squeezebox server (Logitech Media Server):
    # Uncomment the next line if you want to point squeezelite at the IP address of
    # your squeezebox server. This is usually unnecessary as the server is
    # automatically discovered.
    #SB_SERVER_IP="192.168.x.y"
    
    # Additional options to pass to squeezelite:
    # Please do not include -z to make squeezelite daemonise itself.
    SB_EXTRA_ARGS="-C 5"
    save and exit

    Code:
    Ctrl+x   Y   Enter
    Code:
    sudo reboot
    Adjust the volume output to 100% in LMS > Settings > Player > Audio

    ronnie
    Hi Ronnie, that did the trick thanks - what I noticed immediately is I have to crank up the volume on my amp much higher than I do when using the HiFiBerry dac pro+ - what does "-C 5" do ?
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

    Friendlyarm Nanopi M4 V1 NVME M2 SSD 1TB -> Chord Qutest DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,580
    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    Hi Ronnie thanks I'll try that - are you using a Khadas ? also how do you choose the ALSA one ?
    Menu > Preferences > Add/Remove Software

    Name:  squeezelite.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  182.3 KB

    One can also self install (I use http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...r-on-raspbian/)


    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I知 watching this thread as I have a Tone Board and case on order from Audiophonics. I値l be running with a Pi4 and piCorePlayer

    @Ronnie - why 100% fixed output? Is this considered optimal?
    Well the toneboard has no volume control and I always run at 0db (I don't know why , might be bit related )

    Name:  toneboard.png
Views: 96
Size:  25.0 KB


    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    Hi Ronnie, that did the trick thanks - what I noticed immediately is I have to crank up the volume on my amp much higher than I do when using the HiFiBerry dac pro+ - what does "-C 5" do ?
    "-C " stops Squeezelite hogging the output. I use the Khadas as the regular output for the rpi, so I need it to be available.

    https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/com...r-squeezelite/
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2020-08-02 at 03:22.

  6. #16
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I知 watching this thread as I have a Tone Board and case on order from Audiophonics. I値l be running with a Pi4 and piCorePlayer

    @Ronnie - why 100% fixed output? Is this considered optimal?

    I've ordered a case from them but there's a 15-25 day delay
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

    Friendlyarm Nanopi M4 V1 NVME M2 SSD 1TB -> Chord Qutest DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    I've ordered a case from them but there's a 15-25 day delay
    It was the case that caused me to buy from there. I'm not in a rush for either fortunately.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    58
    Depending on how your KTB is powered, you may also need to be aware of this issue:

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...322#post961322

    But if your KTB powers up before squeezelite starts, and you never power it off, no need to worry.

  9. #19
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post
    Depending on how your KTB is powered, you may also need to be aware of this issue:

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...322#post961322

    But if your KTB powers up before squeezelite starts, and you never power it off, no need to worry.
    Thanks for that but my board is on 24/7
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

    Friendlyarm Nanopi M4 V1 NVME M2 SSD 1TB -> Chord Qutest DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    It was the case that caused me to buy from there. I'm not in a rush for either fortunately.
    Tone Control and Case arrived this morning.
    Can稚 build it until Monday
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •