Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Napster or Spotify (or Neither) ?

Hi all

I have a house SB system comprising of 5 SB Classics, 2 Touch, 1 Boom (soon to be another) and 1 Radio - on W10. All fairly stable apart from the occasional network glitch - nothing to do with LMS.

I currently subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited - but it is 'limited' in the fact that I can't use it on my house audio system without the use of Philippes excellent Shairtunes.

Is anybody using Napster or Spotify successfully in 2020?

Can it access 'any' song without the use of a mobile?

I've asked Napster directly, and they simply say they don't support Squeezboxes or LMS - but... it appears somebody has made it work... ?

Cheers
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by merlineng View Post
    Hi all

I have a house SB system comprising of 5 SB Classics, 2 Touch, 1 Boom (soon to be another) and 1 Radio - on W10. All fairly stable apart from the occasional network glitch - nothing to do with LMS.

I currently subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited - but it is 'limited' in the fact that I can't use it on my house audio system without the use of Philippes excellent Shairtunes.

Is anybody using Napster or Spotify successfully in 2020?

Can it access 'any' song without the use of a mobile?

I've asked Napster directly, and they simply say they don't support Squeezboxes or LMS - but... it appears somebody has made it work... ?

Cheers
    Tony
    Just go for Spotify.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Is anybody using Napster or Spotify successfully in 2020?
    >
    > Can it access 'any' song without the use of a mobile?

Spotty should give you a pretty complete interface to Spotify through
    LMS. In addition to (rather spotty - pun intended) Spotify Connect support.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Is anybody using Napster or Spotify successfully in 2020?
    >
    > Can it access 'any' song without the use of a mobile?

Spotty should give you a pretty complete interface to Spotify through
    LMS. In addition to (rather spotty - pun intended) Spotify Connect support.

--

Michael
    Ok - Cool - thanks for the reply Michael. And I know others have said it - but (please) keep up your good work - I love my SB System more than I love the Mrs... if one had to go, the Squeezeboxes would be staying!

:-) :-) :-)

And it (Spotty) works a treat!! - on my Boom anyway - haven't managed to activate it on my SB Radio yet - it doesn't show on the Apps...

Anyone know why?

Cheers
    Tony

> And it (Spotty) works a treat!! - on my Boom anyway - haven't managed to
    > activate it on my SB Radio yet - it doesn't show on the Apps...

Restart the Radio?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > And it (Spotty) works a treat!! - on my Boom anyway - haven't managed to
    > activate it on my SB Radio yet - it doesn't show on the Apps...

Restart the Radio?

--

Michael
    Hadn't thought of the old OFF and ON trick - I'll try it later.

Yes, I get what you’re saying.

Quote Originally Posted by merlineng View Post
    Ok - Cool - thanks for the reply Michael. And I know others have said it - but (please) keep up your good work - I love my SB System more than I love the Mrs... if one had to go, the Squeezeboxes would be staying!

:-) :-) :-)
    Merlineng,
    Can’t say that I love the SB System more than the Mrs. (better not say that),
    buy I do understand where you’re coming from. I have been in love with my SB ecosystem for many many years. Definitely would be lost without it. Great infotainment, great sound quality, great ipeng, great forums.....ang SO grateful to Michael for his many many years of service to the SBs .
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Merlineng,
    Can’t say that I love the SB System more than the Mrs. (better not say that),
    buy I do understand where you’re coming from. I have been in love with my SB ecosystem for many many years. Definitely would be lost without it. Great infotainment, great sound quality, great ipeng, great forums.....ang SO grateful to Michael for his many many years of service to the SBs .
    Ha Ha - yes - thankfully she's not on this forum! I'm not that brave, or stupid!!

I have come across a very strange problem - when I have players synced - (although I haven't tested if this a numbers issue yet - i.e. I'm overloading what they can deal with?) I can barely play one Spotify track before the music stops, and the player wierdly scrolls down the playlist (visibly on a Classic) and then hangs...

It's never done it when I use Spotty on just one player.

I do have a video of this happening - it's quite bizzare - I thought I'd sat on the remote first time it happened (when I actually saw it happening!).

Cheers
    Tony

Eventually some titles aren’t available (at the moment). The server log could give you some hints.
    There is – somewhere in LMS or Spotify itself – an option to hide those tracks.

Generally spoken, it’s no problem to sync players and use spotty.