Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by doggod View Post
    @kidstypike; Really do appreciate your help but I think you misunderstood what I'm aiming at? Doesn't matter however. I finally found what a was aiming at. Funny how easy things are when knowing what to do! :-)

So as an example for anyone else reading this later on;

Say if one have a lot of folders named say; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ,7 ,8 ,9 in same location called say Music and you want the scan go through all except folder 8 & 9. Set Music as your Media Folder in Basic Settings then install the "Ignore files and folders" plug-in and simple just put 8|9 in the textbox at the plug-in settings page and folder named 8 & 9 will be excluded from library scan. And naturally if one would like other folders not being included you just carry on in the same manner, ie 8|9|4|6|2 or whatever. E.g the character I was looking for was |.That's it, case closed! Thank you all for helping. :-)
    What is the "Ignore files and folders" plugin?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    What is the "Ignore files and folders" plugin?
    It's one of Michael's in 3rd party plugin list - to manage the ignoreDirRE prefs issue.
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-07-24 at 14:15.

[QUOTE=bpa;982918]
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    What is the "Ignore files and folders" plugin?/QUOTE]

It's one of Michael's in 3rd party plugin list - to manage the ignoreDirRE prefs issue.
    Thanks, somehow I missed it when I first looked.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doggod View Post
    I finally found what a was aiming at. Funny how easy things are when knowing what to do! :-)

So as an example for anyone else reading this later on;

Say if one have a lot of folders named say; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ,7 ,8 ,9 in same location called say Music and you want the scan go through all except folder 8 & 9. Set Music as your Media Folder in Basic Settings then install the "Ignore files and folders" plug-in and simple just put 8|9 in the textbox at the plug-in settings page and folder named 8 & 9 will be excluded from library scan. And naturally if one would like other folders not being included you just carry on in the same manner, ie 8|9|4|6|2 or whatever. E.g the character I was looking for was |.That's it, case closed! Thank you all for helping. :-)
    Glad it's working now.

Just an additional remark to your use case: if you want to exclude multiple folders, say 'Y = OK' and 'H = OK' then you could do it like 'Y = OK|H = OK' or you can put it as '[YH] = OK'. The square bracket part means 'a single character Y or H'. The site https://regex101.com mentioned above is great for trying and learning these things. There's a section with a Quick Reference on that site.

For example, add this to the regular expression input field:
    Code:
    [HY] = OK|MP3
    and this as the test string:
    Code:
    abcY = OKdefMP3xyzH = OK123
    Then there's a detailed explanation provided how this regular expression works.