Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Right, just tried my "Children" compilation on Windows 10 and I agree with you. It doesn't show up in "Compilations" or "Genres". The "Children" genre is present but empty. Something else for @mherger to look at.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    What is your setting for "Browse Artists" in Settings/My Music?
    When I use "Use two separate lists for Albums Artists and All Artists" I don't see my "Children" album under Genres.
    When I use "Use single configurable list of artists" the"Children" album appears under Genres and Compilations.
    So it seems the issue is with two lists. I always use single configurable list so I don't know if this affects other platforms.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    p.s. I doubt it can be related to the name "Digest" but just in case, have you changed the Genre on all these to something else and tested (e.g., "Readers Digest")
    I have changed the genre for one of the RD albums to "Easy Listening" and then the RD songs by Frank Sinatra showed up under the genre. The same as when I faked a Perry Como album and put it in the "Digest" genre. Doing so showed all Perry Como songs on the RD albums.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    What is your setting for "Browse Artists" in Settings/My Music?
    When I use "Use two separate lists for Albums Artists and All Artists" I don't see my "Children" album under Genres.
    When I use "Use single configurable list of artists" the"Children" album appears under Genres and Compilations.
    So it seems the issue is with two lists. I always use single configurable list so I don't know if this affects other platforms.
    You're right!!! Changing this setting and all songs show up in the "Digest" genre. Thank you for figuring this out. I'll guess I'll find out what, if any, difference it makes browsing artists now.

Again, thank you for solving the genre issue.