Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't delete player from LMS account

Hi all,

I have stopped using my SBs and have started selling them. I was not aware they were still registered to my LMS account. I have a device that went to someone else and I can see the device is powered up and registered and there is no option for me to delete it. Clicking the "disconnect" button doesn't do anything the delete button is always grayed out. Using remote control I tried to power it off but it still doesn't let me delete it even when powered off.

Is there any other way to get this SB radio deleted? Would deleting my entire account remove it?

The person who purchased the item never contacted me about the radio still being registered but left some very unflattering feedback on the auction site about the unit still being registered to my account.

Thanks,

Jason

If you send a pm to mherger Iím sure he will be able to sort for you but I think he is on holiday at present
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

You don't need to delete a SB Radio or SB Touch. Have the new owner perform Factory Reset and it will offer to be allowed to re-registered under a different account.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    You don't need to delete a SB Radio or SB Touch. Have the new owner perform Factory Reset and it will offer to be allowed to re-registered under a different account.
    I factory reset before shipping it out. I checked and itís still showing up and I can see what heís listening to on it He left some pretty harsh feedback saying it was already registered to someone else.

Itís running the latest device FW.

Quote Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
    I factory reset before shipping it out. I checked and itís still showing up and I can see what heís listening to on it He left some pretty harsh feedback saying it was already registered to someone else.

Itís running the latest device FW.
    as toby10 said, it's up to the new owner to register it. Even after a factory reset it still lists your email as the registered owner, and offers an opportunity to change it. I have given a few away to friends and even though reset it, when I set it up for my friend it still list me, but I register it to the new owner. In fact, I gave a duet to a friend once and it didn't wotk for him, so he gave it back. I reset it, it was still registered to him,and I reregistered it back to me.

However, I wonder what would happen if you logged into mysqueezebox.com and deleted the player? I wonder if that is where a factory reset player is getting it's "registered owner" from?

Jim

New owner must Factory Reset it. After reset..... at power up it will ask to keep current registration or add new one.

You cannot delete a player on MySB.com that is actively connected to MySB.com. Select Disconnect then Delete Player. At next power up the Radio will offer the same account options as prescribed above.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    as toby10 said, it's up to the new owner to register it. Even after a factory reset it still lists your email as the registered owner, and offers an opportunity to change it. I have given a few away to friends and even though reset it, when I set it up for my friend it still list me, but I register it to the new owner. In fact, I gave a duet to a friend once and it didn't wotk for him, so he gave it back. I reset it, it was still registered to him,and I reregistered it back to me.

However, I wonder what would happen if you logged into mysqueezebox.com and deleted the player? I wonder if that is where a factory reset player is getting it's "registered owner" from?

Jim
    I don't have the option to delete it, that option is grayed out. I can click the button to disconnect it, but even after the confirmation dialogue nothing further happens.

I'm tempted at this point to just delete the account. That would likely force the new owner to register it with their own email address.

Quote Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
    I don't have the option to delete it, that option is grayed out. I can click the button to disconnect it, but even after the confirmation dialogue nothing further happens......
    I think the player is immediately reconnecting back to MySB.com therefore you never have the Delete button option.

Another way to resolve (if the new owner refuses to do their own Factory Reset) is simply to coordinate a day and time where the new owner powers off the Radio. Complete power OFF, not just in standby. At that time the Delete button will be able to be selected as any player that is truly OFF is not connected to any server.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    I think the player is immediately reconnecting back to MySB.com therefore you never have the Delete button option.

Another way to resolve (if the new owner refuses to do their own Factory Reset) is simply to coordinate a day and time where the new owner powers off the Radio. Complete power OFF, not just in standby. At that time the Delete button will be able to be selected as any player that is truly OFF is not connected to any server.
    The buyer has not responded to my PMs on the auction site. So I might be stuck with either just leaving it in there or deleting the account.

Please PM me details (MAC address, your mysb mail address) if there's still something left to do. I'm slowly getting back to work...
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)