Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LSM splits one album into multiple albums with the same name

This is something I watched several times but no I have one case where I can reconstruct how it happened:

I have one album in one folder (as usual) in my database.
    No I see, that 2 of the album's tracks have the wrong album-tag. (eg Track 3-10 are correctly labelled as "Album XYZ", Track 01 and Track 02 are labelled as "Album AB" and "Album CD") and correct just the album-tag to "Album XYZ".

After the next "new & changed" I have 3 albums of the same name (and artist) in my database, all named "Album XYZ" - one contains "Track 01", the 2nd one "Track 02" and the 3rd one Tracks 03-12. This remains also with the nex "new & Cnahnged" scans.
    So LMS obviously doesn't seem them as 1 album although they are all in the same folder and all labelled with the same album (and albumartist) tag...

Quote Originally Posted by frank1969 View Post
    This is something I watched several times but no I have one case where I can reconstruct how it happened:

I have one album in one folder (as usual) in my database.
    No I see, that 2 of the album's tracks have the wrong album-tag. (eg Track 3-10 are correctly labelled as "Album XYZ", Track 01 and Track 02 are labelled as "Album AB" and "Album CD") and correct just the album-tag to "Album XYZ".

After the next "new & changed" I have 3 albums of the same name (and artist) in my database, all named "Album XYZ" - one contains "Track 01", the 2nd one "Track 02" and the 3rd one Tracks 03-12. This remains also with the nex "new & Cnahnged" scans.
    So LMS obviously doesn't seem them as 1 album although they are all in the same folder and all labelled with the same album (and albumartist) tag...
    New and changed scans don't always do what you expect. A clear and rescan should fix it. Alternatively remove that album folder, do a new and changed scan then replace the folder and do another new and changed scan.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I've had this happen when I accidentally have a few tracks that have disk number (1/1). This can happen with my dbpa ripper, when I rerip a few tracks and forget to clear the disk number box. Those tracks with stray disk number field get put into a different album, with same name.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    New and changed scans don't always do what you expect. A clear and rescan should fix it. Alternatively remove that album folder, do a new and changed scan then replace the folder and do another new and changed scan.
    yes, this is the workaround I use (moving the folder to antother directory (I call it "quarantine" for years, btw) , do another new&changed, move the folder back, do once again a "new&changed") - but I thought, why always use a workaround if there is a way to fix it?

The above by @garym described correcting of "disc nr"-tag leads to the same bug.

(just to explain: a clear and rescan runs for 6-8 hours in my directory. I do it every one or 2 months, but it is no good idea to do it after every "tag correction" )
    Last edited by frank1969; 2020-07-18 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by frank1969 View Post
    yes, this is the workaround I use (moving the folder to antother directory (I call it "quarantine" for years, btw) , do another new&changed, move the folder back, do once again a "new&changed") - but I thought, why always use a workaround if there is a way to fix it?

The above by @garym described correcting of "disc nr"-tag leads to the same bug.

(just to explain: a clear and rescan runs for 6-8 hours in my directory. I do it every one or 2 months, but it is no good idea to do it after every "tag correction" )
    Replacing a folder.jpg is also not picked up by the new and changed scan.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

Just re-save all tracks of that album. Then they'll all get a new timestamp and they all get scanned in the next scan. Maybe it doesn't help with "ghost" album entries, but the album isn't split up.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Yes, that' the point. New & changed scans doesn't always work as expected. They are very good programmed but sometimes buggy. So it might bei s way to improve them instead of using several workarounds..?