Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mark wollschlager View Post
    I found a variant of the 1306 lying around and wondered if anyone had tried it yet.
    It's an Adafruit PiOLED , ( http://adafru.it/3527 ) it has a 6 pin header that normally would plug into a raspberry pi gpio.
    As long as you connect SDA/SCL and power, it should work
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

How to send a PM?

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Dear all - I have 10 SqueezeAMP left if you are interested. Big thank you to everybody whole took one or more, I have to say it has been faster than expected (40 are gone). I have yet to find a solution for boxes, but I'm working on it. As last time, I might do another batch if there is demand, but that will probably not be before a (long) while. Also worth noticing that I have not made any design modification, so there is no new release pending
    Hi,

I would like to order aSqueezeAMP, but I have no idea how to send a PM.

Best regards,
    Ole

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmountain View Post
    Hi,

I would like to order aSqueezeAMP, but I have no idea how to send a PM.

Best regards,
    Ole
    You would need to post on the forum a bit more to have PMs opened.
    However, you can send an email to Philippe using the address in this linked post
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post982877
    (Philippe ... probably worth putting that into the first post in the thread)
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You would need to post on the forum a bit more to have PMs opened.
    However, you can send an email to Philippe using the address in this linked post
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post982877
    (Philippe ... probably worth putting that into the first post in the thread)
    done
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

SqueezeAMP arrived and playing music

My SqueezeAMP board has arrived today and is playing music from LMS now! For setting up WiFi I had to look up the instructions described in https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32. After following the instructions and hitting Reboot my SqueezeAMP was ready to use. I am very pleased with it! Pictures of 1) package content and 2) test setup are shown below:

Name:  SqueezeAMP_package_content.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  134.5 KB
    Picture 1. Content of the package that I received. My SqueezeAMP board came with acrylic box.

Name:  SqueezeAMP_test_setup.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  237.3 KB
    Picture 2. Test setup showing SqueezeAMP board, 12V power supply, smartphone with Squeeze Ctrl app, and a pair of fancy 25 year old DIY speakers .

I have a question about firmware updates. My SqueezeAMP came with firmware version "development.115-SqueezeAmp4MBFl". Last month there was this message of Philippe, mentioning that early SqueezeAMP 3.x boards were shipped with firmware with an issue in the recovery part, such that an over-the-air firmware update did not work. Can somebody tell me if this problem is solved in firmware "development.115-SqueezeAmp4MBFl"? I do have an "USB to serial FTDI board", so if needed I should be able to flash a new recovery image myself. But if over-the-air firmware update works with "development.115" firmware that would be even better.

I can choose between following firmware updates:
    1) v0.5.668, dated 2020-09-01
    2) development.140.master-cmake, dated 2010-09-13
    Which firmware update is recommended?

EDIT: To answer my own questions: OTA firmware update works fine with "firmware development.115-SqueezeAmp4MBFl, mode: recovery" that came with my SqueezeAMP board.
    I am now running "fw: v0.5.668-IDFv3.1.5-SqueezeAmp4M, mode: squeezelite", and will look into the release notes of the development branch if it is useful to update to one of the recent development releases.
    Last edited by CJS; 2020-09-18 at 12:09.
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I am very pleased with it!
    Which firmware update is recommended?
    Congratulations and thank you for posting a good unboxing experience with pictures!

Development should soon be merged with the master branch. The main difference in development today are a couple of bug fixes and improvements to the user interface. If your WiFi network has multiple access points, the master branch will always connect to the one broadcasting on the lowest channel number. This was causing some connection instabilities (drops, reconnects). The development branch has a new configuration parameter that allows switching from "fast scan" (the default) to "all channels", which will select the strongest signal.

If you like tinkering, you should consider embedding the amp in your DIY (or commercial) enclosure and hook up the 2nd speaker through the wire terminal. Then you could stick up a cheap OLED display and configure it with the LMS squeezelite-esp32 plugin (which, by the way, has an equalizer configuration too). Eventually, a rotary is also an interesting option to consider, as it allows controlling the amp locally without a phone (useful for a quick pause).

As for the development branch, I need to push an additional update to fix an issue with the newest configuration UI enhancements; I would wait before installing it for now.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Hi sle118, thanks for the firmware advise. I think I will wait until the next update of the master branch. I am indeed thinking about adding a display and a rotary encoder later in time.
    Btw, I did an (failed) attempt to update the recovery FW using an USB to serial adapter board, see this post. Luckily my Sqeezeamp is still alive. Maybe you have an idea what I am doing wrong?
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    Hi sle118, thanks for the firmware advise. I think I will wait until the next update of the master branch. I am indeed thinking about adding a display and a rotary encoder later in time.
    Btw, I did an (failed) attempt to update the recovery FW using an USB to serial adapter board, see this post. Luckily my Sqeezeamp is still alive. Maybe you have an idea what I am doing wrong?
    If you are on a "CMake" or "bleeding edge" branch for recovery, then there isn't much benefit in updating. Most of your user experience will come from the squeezelite firmware anyhow. If OTA works, then stick to the current version; is good enough!
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

I'm thinking of putting a ceiling speaker in a bathroom. Not really big enough for 2 speakers.

So I could go for a so-called "Single Stereo" set-up (where left and right are run to the speaker over 4 wires and the speaker tends to have 1 main and 2 tweeters) or go for a cheaper single mono speaker.

If I go for mono then is there a way to configure SqueezeAMP to merge the stereo to mono (L+R?) so that I do not lose one side of the audio?

I thinking of connecting the power supply to the bathroom light switch so that it boots when the light is turned on.
    Then I would not have the power supply permanently on in the ceiling and also I would have a way to force a reboot in unlikely event that it is needed.

Any thoughts?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If I go for mono then is there a way to configure SqueezeAMP to merge the stereo to mono (L+R?) so that I do not lose one side of the audio?
    Have a look at the audio tab of any squeezebox player; there should be an output mode for left, right, stereo, but afaik there's no mono option.

I think the DAC in SqueezeAmp supports bridging the internal amps and signal (similar to how sub works), but I'll leave the final answer to Philippe, as he is very familiar with the software signal processing in squeezelite.
    6xSqueezeAmp!