Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Deezer HiFi 3rd party

Hi,

I am also interested. I used Deezer Hifi via Ickstream but since this is
    not longer available I switched to Qobuz. If a good and working solution
    for Deezer Hifi would exist I think I'd switch back.

Cheers,

Schoepp

Deezer hifi would be nice here too 👍

I would love to see HIFI support

And it would mean that I could hold on to my squeezebox system for years....

I am also interested in Deezer HIFI. I had the subscription for a months but since hifi is not support by LMS I downgraded to premium. I would upgrade if it is supported.
    I could help if someone is working on it.
    Cheers.

Initially, I tried out a squeezebox player because I was interested in Deezer HiFi. Then after realizing that it wasn't just working, I went to the Deezer community forums just to realize that for some years, people have been requested LMS and squeezebox compatibility, only for the deezer team to reply that it's not a priority for them, even if users cancel their account. This is one example:
    https://en.deezercommunity.com/other...-44-1-khz-5428
    So, the issue is actually deezer, who would rather lose customers than to add support to LMS, so in the end I went to Qobuz. Slightly smaller catalog but better support, and things work great.

Deezer HiFi is working since 8.1.0 and since the Deezer developers have switched on FLAC for LMS.
    From the deezer site: "devs switched on HiFi streaming for the connection LMS ... through our API".
    I have subscribed to HiFi again.

Quote Originally Posted by negas View Post
    Deezer HiFi is working since 8.1.0 and since the Deezer developers have switched on FLAC for LMS.
    From the deezer site: "devs switched on HiFi streaming for the connection LMS ... through our API".
    Thats great news, just subscribed to Hifi again. ..Unfortunately I am still seeing the output reading 320kbps CBR. I must be missing something.

Running the lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:stable 8.1.2 in Docker (on OpenMediaVault) to Picoreplayer 6.1.0 with Allo Digione. I am receiving FLAC in the Deezer app on the laptop, and also playing capable of FLACs of ripped cds on server. Is there another plug-in I should install? Is the one on mysqueezebox.com not compatible with lossless? I checked the Deezer community search and there isn't much regarding this.
    Last edited by Munroe; 2021-03-08 at 18:55. Reason: more specifics on las server

Quote Originally Posted by negas View Post
    When I start with Deezer Flow after booting I get 320kbs mp3. If I change to an album I get PCM VBR 44.1kHz FLAC and that stays if I switch back to Deezer Flow. So I think I'm getting HiFi but it seems like Deezer Flow needs a kick before it streams in Hi Fi. I'm using LogitechMediaServer.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Deezer HiFi 3rd party

> Thats great news, just subscribed to Hifi again. ..Unfortunately
    > I am still seeing the output reading 320kbps CBR. I must be missing
    > something.

You'll probably have to make sure you select content through the Deezer
    menus again. Playing content from something stored in LMS (favorites,
    playlists) might result in playing lossy. Because the files are
    referenced with an extension defining the stream type.

Quote Originally Posted by stevel6868 View Post
    When I start with Deezer Flow after booting I get 320kbs mp3. If I change to an album I get PCM VBR 44.1kHz FLAC and that stays if I switch back to Deezer Flow. So I think I'm getting HiFi but it seems like Deezer Flow needs a kick before it streams in Hi Fi. I'm using LogitechMediaServer.

Is anyone else seeing this?
    Thank you! That is exactly what was happening with me. I had a song from Springsteen's A Letter To You playing through Flow and it was 320kbps. I tried playing the album direct in Deezer and just like that it turned to FLAC. I guess the Deezer Hifi is working in LMS after all, only cuts out to 320kbps once Flow begins. Most time if Flow is going I'm not doing "critical" listening ha, more background music. I can live with that I guess. Glad I found this post.