Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deezer HiFi 3rd party

Hey all,

I'm currently running a 90 day trial of Deezer after the HiFi option dropped to Ç14.99.

I'm fully aware that the Logitech deezer plugin (mysqueezebox) doesn't support HiFi, but only 320kB.

Part of doing the 90 day trial was, for me, to look if I can get the API working & eventually attempt my hands at a crude plugin for LMS.

However, I'm told the Deezer API doesn't support FLAC/HiFi playback at all - is this correct?

Thanks for your insights.

Quote Originally Posted by TonioRoffo View Post
    Hey all,

I'm currently running a 90 day trial of Deezer after the HiFi option dropped to Ç14.99.

I'm fully aware that the Logitech deezer plugin (mysqueezebox) doesn't support HiFi, but only 320kB.

Part of doing the 90 day trial was, for me, to look if I can get the API working & eventually attempt my hands at a crude plugin for LMS.

However, I'm told the Deezer API doesn't support FLAC/HiFi playback at all - is this correct?

Thanks for your insights.
    To answer my own post, no, Deezer API doesn't support HiFi playback at all.

However there is a grey area, and that's accessing Deezer via the web UI. Logging in to web UI giver you an 'ari', a web cookie which can be used with some tools found on Github (deezloader)

I managed to edit the spotty plugin so that you can choose a track in Spotty, and the corresponding CD quality FLAC gets downloaded from Deezer & played back. This works for 90% now (I can't failback to Spotify yet, if the track doesn't exist) so it's a proof of concept for a working, new generation Deeze HiFi plugin.

Writing a full plugin is a huge challenge for me, I'm afraid my programming skills are way too rusty to pull that off. If there is any interest in Deezer HiFi, I'd gladly share what I did so far to make it work.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 213
Size:  30.9 KB

Yes, redbook rate FLAC, no, not Ogg Vorbis

I understand there is no interest in Deezer HiFi.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Probably a few reasons
    Peak summer time for nothern hemisphere - forum is quieter.
    People who wanted super hifi and could not wait for a Deezer solution probably found another one to satisfy their needs for now.

Don't be disheartened though - especially if it is working for you.

If it is better for one or more reasons that other offerings then I expect it will get interest.
    e.g. price, catalogue, territory
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Hi TonioRoffo,

I am super interested. Perhaps there are not too many people with both a spotify and a deezer account and perhaps we lost faith in deezer. but please tell us how

Hello,

For now I can't share much as it's a hacked together solution not worthy of being called programming/scripting.

If you like to know what's going on under the kitchen sink in LMS, then I can tell you it's in the Spotty plugin, in the custom-convert.conf file. For every spotify track being played, this conversion file is being talked to. I force my players to PCM audio for now, so I can control the conversion. I'm simply calling another script instead of the Spotty binary. Code I found on github is taking the spotify track ID, converts it to a Deezer track ID, and this gets played back into LMS.

Anything more concrete I'll take to the development subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Don't be disheartened though - especially if it is working for you.

If it is better for one or more reasons that other offerings then I expect it will get interest.
    e.g. price, catalogue, territory
    For me it's about price, yes. Deezer has a large catalog, compatable to Spotify and is currently <15 euro per month. The only thing coming close in price is Qobuz if you take a yearly renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by mcduman View Post
    Hi TonioRoffo,

I am super interested. Perhaps there are not too many people with both a spotify and a deezer account and perhaps we lost faith in deezer. but please tell us how
    to reply my own post, i investigated ways to stream Deezer Hifi for a while and on the way discovered virtual audio cable, which actually worked. I am sure there are posts about this somewhere in the forum; but essentially I played Deezer Hifi from the desktop app while LMS, through the virtual cable software and the appropriate plug-in, listened to the output and sent it to my player while preserving the 1411 kbps bit rate.

In this method, the sound quality is determined by the sound card in your computer that listens to the audio stream. So it has to be as good as your playback system. So I eventually gave up and subscribed to Tidal. I keep my Deezer account though because I like Deezer Flow a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TonioRoffo View Post
    Hello,

For now I can't share much as it's a hacked together solution not worthy of being called programming/scripting.

If you like to know what's going on under the kitchen sink in LMS, then I can tell you it's in the Spotty plugin, in the custom-convert.conf file. For every spotify track being played, this conversion file is being talked to. I force my players to PCM audio for now, so I can control the conversion. I'm simply calling another script instead of the Spotty binary. Code I found on github is taking the spotify track ID, converts it to a Deezer track ID, and this gets played back into LMS.

Anything more concrete I'll take to the development subforum.
    Will send PM.

Thanks