Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BBC radio channels - channel info visible again in Now Playing screen ?

Evening

I found one of my Booms had lost all its presets tonight, so searched for them again via Radio option in home screen.

Lo and behold the radio station info is visible again in scrolling Now Playing section (for a long time now it would only list "no info" or similar).

Has something changed recently ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S9+ (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak View Post
    Evening

I found one of my Booms had lost all its presets tonight, so searched for them again via Radio option in home screen.

Lo and behold the radio station info is visible again in scrolling Now Playing section (for a long time now it would only list "no info" or similar).

Has something changed recently ?
    If you are using the iPlayer plugin then a recent update restored track info and also added track artwork.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks - but this is via MySB.com, not LMS. Is iplayer relevant ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S9+ (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

No but the BBC have made some changes recently requiring the iPlayer plugin to be updated. Maybe those changes account for what you are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    No but the BBC have made some changes recently requiring the iPlayer plugin to be updated. Maybe those changes account for what you are seeing.

Well I'm certainly not complaining 🙂

The only BBC streams you can play direct on a Boom are MP3 ones. The streams declare that they have in-stream ICY metadata but the metadata is always blank.

I doubt if BBC are enhancing the MP3 streams as BBC have stated repeated they are a stop gap for legacy equipment which cannot play DASH / HLS The BBC do not even have metadata in the HLS streams - they want users to have to use [s]iPlayer[/s] Sounds.
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-07-13 at 14:30.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The only BBC streams you can play direct on a Boom are MP3 ones. The streams declare that they have in-stream ICY metadata but the metadata is always blank.

I doubt if BBC are enhancing the MP3 streams as BBC have stated repeated they are a stop gap for legacy equipment which cannot play DASH / HLS The BBC do not even have metadata in the HLS streams - they want users to have to use [s]iPlayer[/s] Sounds.
    Hmm - how could I possibly see them scrolling across the Boom screen then (when streaming Radio 1 - 6, all present & correct) ?

Hmm - how could I possibly see them scrolling across the Boom screen then (when streaming Radio 1 - 6, all present & correct) ?
    Is it scrolling across the top or the middle ?

I've checked R1 and R6 on my Boom - they are international so no UK vs non UK difference and no data in them.

Check "more" music menu to get details of the playing format URL.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Is it scrolling across the top or the middle ?

I've checked R1 and R6 on my Boom - they are international so no UK vs non UK difference and no data in them.

Check "more" music menu to get details of the playing format URL.
    Still scrolling boldy across the middle.. like having an old friend back

Still scrolling boldy across the middle.. like having an old friend back
    OK, you didn't show "more" menu to confirm the URL. It looks like BBC is back on Tune-in.

I think you are playing BBC through Tune-in and Tune-in is providing the metadata.
    The metadata from Tune-in is station logo, station name and program name - no track data or no program image.