Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Raspberry Pi LMS not showing on network properly

I originally had LMS working perfectly on a Pi using a Raspbian build from 2015 and LMS server 7.9.2 utilising an attached (to the pi) 2tb hard disk with my music and media on. Unfortunately the SD card, a Sandisk Ultra has CRC errors which prevented me from copying the imagine which I wanted to do before making a few tweaks.

A sensible workaround of starting from scratch seemed the way forward, three days later I'm still struggling!

I installed Raspberry Pi OS lite (latest version), LMS 7.9.2 and minidlna server as I had before.

I can connect a joggler that I have and access the music via LMS raspberrypi but I cannot see LMS on the rest of my network (I could before) which is needed to stream to my panasonic bluetooth speaker (via panasonics app) and also my heos system.

I have even tried going back to an old build from 2016 of Raspbian as I thought it must be the new OS but still not joy. I've even tried later versions of LMS up to 8.0 I must be missing a simple step?

Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by ramtec; 2020-07-13 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by ramtec View Post
    I originally had LMS working perfectly on a Pi using a Raspbian build from 2015 and LMS server 7.9.2 utilising an attached (to the pi) 2tb hard disk with my music and media on. Unfortunately the SD card, a Sandisk Ultra has CRC errors which prevented me from copying the imagine which I wanted to do before making a few tweaks.

A sensible workaround of starting from scratch seemed the way forward, three days later I'm still struggling!

I installed Raspberry Pi OS lite (latest version), LMS 7.9.2 and minidlna server as I had before.

I can connect a joggler that I have and access the music via LMS raspberrypi but I cannot see LMS on the rest of my network (I could before) which is needed to stream to my panasonic bluetooth speaker (via panasonics app) and also my heos system.

I have even tried going back to an old build from 2016 of Raspbian as I thought it must be the new OS but still not joy. I've even tried later versions of LMS up to 8.0 I must be missing a simple step?

Any help would be appreciated
    Have you checked the IP address of your Pi?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Also, which model pi are you using?

ronnie

and

ethernet or wireless connection for the pi?

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Have you checked the IP address of your Pi?

I can link to lms from a web browser my-ip-address:9000, so not sure that's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Also, which model pi are you using?

ronnie

and

ethernet or wireless connection for the pi?
    a V1 and through ethernet

Was working fine before and I can boot a joggler up and then access all my music fine just not my pc / panasonic app / heos app can't see the lms server as it did before.

a V1 and through ethernet

Was working fine before and I can boot a joggler up and then access all my music fine just not my pc / panasonic app / heos app can't see the lms server as it did before.
    Do you need to install the upnp/dlna media interface plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Do you need to install the upnp/dlna media interface plugin?

Maybe

I have minidlna server running and working and that can be seen in Windows

Maybe

I have minidlna server running and working and that can be seen in Windows
    I haven't got squeezelite or any player configured on the pi but I don't remember having installed that originally.

I'll remember to make a proper image once I get it working!

(...) I cannot see LMS on the rest of my network (I could before) which is needed to stream to my panasonic bluetooth speaker (via panasonics app) and also my heos system.
    As I understand,Panasonic App wouldnĺt see LMS itself but the Music on the Pi served by an uPnP/DLNA-Server. In your case that would be minidlna.
    So, IMHO, you should get that right configured or install Andy Grundmans UPnP/DLNA Media Interface in LMS which provides a Server and a Renderer and leave minidlna off.