Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by vco1 View Post
    I'm using the podcast plugin too. In (Server) Settings > Podcasts one can add feeds.

The podcasts are Mac Power Users and Appstories. But those are just examples. It basically goes wrong with any podcast episode which has been played before.
    Do you need to play the whole podcast before trying to play it again?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Do you need to play the whole podcast before trying to play it again?
    No. It goes wrong once the episode has been played. Even if it was for just a few seconds. So doesn't have to be finished.

No. It goes wrong once the episode has been played. Even if it was for just a few seconds. So doesn't have to be finished.
    In that case it seems OK for me. I get a choice to play again from the beginning or from the last position.

In that case it seems OK for me. I get a choice to play again from the beginning or from the last position.
    I get that too. Sometimes. But in a lot of cases I don't get that option.

Please note that everything worked fine with LMS 7.9.4. And that there have been a few changes in the Podcast plugin for 8.0/8.1. I have a feeling there's still a bug in that code. Trying to find it, but Perl is not a language I'm very familiar with.

I get that too. Sometimes. But in a lot of cases I don't get that option.

Please note that everything worked fine with LMS 7.9.4. And that there have been a few changes in the Podcast plugin for 8.0/8.1. I have a feeling there's still a bug in that code. Trying to find it, but Perl is not a language I'm very familiar with.
    Are you on the latest nightly 8.1.1?

Are you on the latest nightly 8.1.1?
    No. Using the 8.1.0-stable docker container, which is LMS 8.1.0 - 1608700893.

I'm using the podcast plugin too. In (Server) Settings > Podcasts one can add feeds.

The podcasts are Mac Power Users and Appstories. But those are just examples. It basically goes wrong with any podcast episode which has been played before.
    With any episode that has been played fully or partially? If partially, how did you stop the episode? Is this the same whether you use the WebUI or the Radio's UI?

PS: I've tried to play various episodes of the 1st podcast from my Radio and from the LMS WebUI and it worked fine
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-01-12 at 15:12.
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    With any episode that has been played fully or partially? If partially, how did you stop the episode? Is this the same whether you use the WebUI or the Radio's UI?

PS: I've tried to play various episodes of the 1st podcast from my Radio and from the LMS WebUI and it worked fine
    With an episode that has been played partially. Even if for just a few seconds.

The episode has been stopped by long-pressing the pause knob on the Radio.

It works differently in the WebUI. In the WebUI (default webinterface) you don't get a play button overlay when the podcast has been played before and can only ' drilldown' on the icon to get to the menu with "Play from the last position" and "Play from the beginning". While for 'fresh' podcasts there's a play button on the podcast icon.

Not to blame you (not at all!) - I actually really like and value the "last position" option introduced in the latest version of the podcast plugin -, but it really seems this behaviour is caused by the latest changes to the podcast plugin. For example, commit 556b1bd (use 'url' instead of "play') makes me think this could be part of the cause.

(I started to reply to this post then realized that there was a page 2 of contributions!). My post is below, but it really seems like when you are playing a new podcasts, it is not playing it, but adding it to next or the end of the queue, then resuming with the item in now playing. One thing to test would be to remove everything from the playlist, then see what happens.

I am not seeing it here, but I don't long press the radio knob, I can try that...

<old post>
    I was able to search for, find and load appstories through material. On both the material UI and the radio UI, I was able to play a bit of episode 195, then switch to 200, which played and identified fine, then back to 195. I had a problem playing it from the standard UI (my apps-> could not connect to mysqueezebox.com) which I'll need to dig into.

But, when I had an episode in the queue/now playing, either paused or stopped, when I selected an episode that I had played before (195 in above example), it gave me the expected option to play from last position, or the beginning. When I selected to play from the beginning, it gave the option to play, play next, add to end.

I am wondering if this might be related to your problem (which I don't fully understand what exactly you are seeing) - what if when you go to play the new podcast, it somehow automatically goes through the play from beginning->add to end path, which would cause the previous episode to remain in the queue and play when resumed? Example, you last played 195, you didn't finish it, you go to play 200, somehow instead of play now, it is added to the end, or "play next" and 195 resumes?

I've upgraded to 8.1.1. And the issue persists. That's not a big surprise, as there haven't been any changes on the Podcast plugin between 8.1.0 and 8.1.1.

In short the issue is that I can't play a podcast episode if it has been played before. If I try to play such an episode on the SB Radio the track/sound that has been previously playing will start, instead of the selected podcast episode.

A workaround is to use the new(?) "Recently played" menu item. If I select the episode form there, it will start playing.