Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Email updates on subscribed threads

To all,

Long ago (within the 15 years that I have owned Slimdevices SB2/3) I was able to receive via emails when there were posts to the thread that I subscribed to. I did not realize, until recently, that I am no longer receiving these email updates. I subscribe to the thread, have email instantly and such checked in settings. Can someone help me with a step by step access to receiving email updates to my posts in the various forums?

Thanks,

EEYORE

At the top of some - not all - 1st level subforums I see a pinned thread describing the subscription process.
    Is this what youĺre looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    At the top of some - not all - 1st level subforums I see a pinned thread describing the subscription process.
    Is this what you’re looking for?
    If you reply to a thread there is an option to receive an email when further posts are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    If you reply to a thread there is an option to receive an email when further posts are made.
    you can also subscribe to any thread with or without participating. Is this what you are looking for? Upper right - thread tools -> subscribe to thread
    Name:  one.png
Views: 87
Size:  8.9 KB

then select "how" and add subscription
    Name:  two.png
Views: 89
Size:  36.5 KB

as Shozzer noted when you reply this is available below the reply:

Name:  three.png
Views: 88
Size:  3.4 KB

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    you can also subscribe to any thread with or without participating. Is this what you are looking for? Upper right - thread tools -> subscribe to thread
    Name:  one.png
Views: 87
Size:  8.9 KB

then select "how" and add subscription
    Name:  two.png
Views: 89
Size:  36.5 KB

as Shozzer noted when you reply this is available below the reply:

Name:  three.png
Views: 88
Size:  3.4 KB

Jim
    To all,

I had never noticed the Thread Tool! However, I did subscribe and set to email instantly on the Settings/MySubscription page along with checking to make sure that my current email is listed but I still do not receive emails to my Thunderbird email client. That is my problem.

Any further help would be appreciated,

EEYORE

eeyore, I sent you a PM to see if you get it. That should test the forum to your email connection. Also check your spam folders and such...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    eeyore, I sent you a PM to see if you get it. That should test the forum to your email connection. Also check your spam folders and such...

Jim
    Redrum,

I did not receive the PM via Thunderbird but when I logged on to the forum I received a notice that I had the PM that you sent. You brought up spam. My ISP is ATT who uses Yahoo Mail. I always turn off and do not use spam control, ever, but I will have to recheck Yahoo to see if something has changed that I am not aware of.

Thanks,

EEYORE

Quote Originally Posted by EEYORE View Post
    Redrum,

I did not receive the PM via Thunderbird but when I logged on to the forum I received a notice that I had the PM that you sent. You brought up spam. My ISP is ATT who uses Yahoo Mail. I always turn off and do not use spam control, ever, but I will have to recheck Yahoo to see if something has changed that I am not aware of.

Thanks,

EEYORE
    Redrum,

I checked all of my spam filters that I know of but none were active.

EEYORE

Redrum,

EEYORE
    Have you checked your v.bulletin email address account in a web browser?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Redrum,

EEYORE
    you said your ISP is ATT who used yahoo mail, and you are using the thunderbird client right? Did you find the spam PM in the Yahoo spam folder, or Thunderbird?

If yahoo, you can right click on the message and choose "not spam" which I assume will allow future messages from the sender (which is the forum, not the PM sender). I say I assume because I have a yahoo mail account that I seldom used, so I'm not real experienced, but I did take a peek and had a few spam messages in there.

If that works, maybe others on the forum can tell you/us if notifications and PM's come from the same "sender" so that identifying my PM as not spam might unblock all.

One other thought, did you find allot of other notification messages you expected to and did not receive in the spam folder?

Jim