X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slartibartfast
    • Jan 2010

TuneIn plugin

> So I have somehow got all the functionality of the tunein plug-in with
    > the exception of the "MY PRESETS" without it being installed.??

Yes, that's correct.
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio
  • slartibartfast
    • Jan 2010

TuneIn plugin

I seem to remember a TuneIn plugin used to be available to allow access to Radio if mysqueezebox.com ever disappeared. I did a fresh install of LMS on Windows 10 and TuneIn Radio does not appear under My Apps until I input my mysqueezebox.com credentials. I am sure the TuneIn app used to be an LMS plugin. Am I imagining things? A replacement for mysqueezebox only being available via mysqueezebox doesn't make sense.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• mherger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

TuneIn plugin

> I seem to remember a TuneIn plugin used to be available to allow access
      > to Radio if mysqueezebox.com ever disappeared. I did a fresh install of
      > LMS on Windows 10 and TuneIn Radio does not appear under My Apps until I
      > input my mysqueezebox.com credentials. I am sure the TuneIn app used to
      > be an LMS plugin. Am I imagining things? A replacement for mysqueezebox
      > only being available via mysqueezebox doesn't make sense.

The Internet Radios menu is TuneIn.

--

Michael
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• slartibartfast
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mherger
        > I seem to remember a TuneIn plugin used to be available to allow access
        > to Radio if mysqueezebox.com ever disappeared. I did a fresh install of
        > LMS on Windows 10 and TuneIn Radio does not appear under My Apps until I
        > input my mysqueezebox.com credentials. I am sure the TuneIn app used to
        > be an LMS plugin. Am I imagining things? A replacement for mysqueezebox
        > only being available via mysqueezebox doesn't make sense.

The Internet Radios menu is TuneIn.

--

Michael
        Yes but when there was talk of making LMS independent of mysqueezebox a few years ago I thought a TuneIn plugin was developed. There are threads on the forum that mention it. The weird thing is that running without mysqueezebox removes the TuneIn app from My Apps but Radio remains.

Comment

• kidstypike
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by slartibartfast
          Yes but when there was talk of making LMS independent of mysqueezebox a few years ago I thought a TuneIn plugin was developed. There are threads on the forum that mention it. The weird thing is that running without mysqueezebox removes the TuneIn app from My Apps but Radio remains.

Are you not simply missing the Tune in URL option in Material?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tunein03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1569356
          Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
          Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
          Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
          Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• slartibartfast
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kidstypike
            Are you not simply missing the Tune in URL option in Material?

[ATTACH]30970[/ATTACH]
            No I think I am confused about the time that the Radio menu was disconnected from mysb in LMS 7.8. I have always thought that a TuneIn plugin became available at that point but it appears I am probably wrong as TuneIn only appears in Apps when connected to mysb.

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

TuneIn plugin

> Yes but when there was talk of making LMS independent of mysqueezebox a
              > few years ago I thought a TuneIn plugin was developed. There are threads
              > on the forum that mention it. The weird thing is that running without
              > mysqueezebox removes the TuneIn app from My Apps but Radio remains.

The Radio plugin would detect whether LMS was running with the
              --nomysqueezebox parameter and would hit TuneIn directly in that case. I
              believe there are a few minor features which will be missing, but the
              transition should be pretty much seamless (don't remember the details).

We'd face worse challenges if TuneIn stopped supporting us... Could
              somebody please start a plugin using https://api.radio-browser.info/? :-D

--

Michael
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
              (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• relen
                • Apr 2005

Replacement needed?

Following a court case last year, TuneIn has - as of last week - blocked listeners in the UK from listening to stations outside the UK (technically stations that have not obtained music licences for the UK).

There is therefore a need for a TuneIn replacement that doesn’t have this issue. To avoid TuneIn’s legal problem such a replacement should simply link through to a stream URL and not relay or add to the stream in any way (eg with inserted ads).

Anyone any ideas?
                Radio Riel - Real radio; your reality
                http://www.radioriel.org/
                (partially) powered by Slim Devices

Comment

• Paul Webster
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by relen
                  Anyone any ideas?
                  See https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...r-UK-listeners
                  Paul Webster
                  Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                  and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• relen
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                    Thanks! Missed that!
                    R
                    Radio Riel - Real radio; your reality
                    http://www.radioriel.org/
                    (partially) powered by Slim Devices

Comment

• sander
                      • Mar 2007

Has anyone ever looked into Community Radio http://www.radio-browser.info/gui/#!/ ?

Edit: Nevermind I see it the above linked post.
                      Last edited by sander; 2020-09-20, 20:48.

Comment

• jwoodard80
                        • Jul 2020

Forgive a basic question..... but if everything did turn belly up with tune-in, would I still be able to manually put in a URL and create a "favorites" list?

Comment

• CJS
                          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by jwoodard80
                          Forgive a basic question..... but if everything did turn belly up with tune-in, would I still be able to manually put in a URL and create a "favorites" list?
                          Yes, it is possible to create your own favorites list using LMS. For example you can enter the URL of a stream via LMS main => Radio => Tune in URL, and after that add it as a favorite.
                          Also you can edit the favorites list manually by editing file favorites.opml with a text editor. For LMS Windows this file is located in folder C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs, and for LMS on Linux in folder /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs.

For finding radio streams there is also the RadioNet plugin for LMS, which is an alternative for TuneIn.
                          Last edited by CJS; 2020-09-29, 17:57.
                          | LMS 8.5.1 on Linux Mint 21.3 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | ESP Muse Luxe |

Comment

• bpa
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by CJS
                            Also you can edit the favorites list manually by editing file favorites.opml with a text editor..
                            No need to edit the favorite file directly (and safer not to) - better to use WebUI and click on the pencil icon on the Favorite menu line.

Material skin also enables editing and adding folders & favorites directly from the UI.

Comment

• d6jg
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CJS
                              Yes, it is possible to create your own favorites list using LMS. For example you can enter the URL of a stream via LMS main => Radio => Tune in URL, and after that add it as a favorite.
                              Also you can edit the favorites list manually by editing file favorites.opml with a text editor. For LMS Windows this file is located in folder C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs, and for LMS on Linux in folder /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs.

For finding radio streams there is also the RadioNet plugin for LMS, which is an alternative for TuneIn.
                              Originally posted by bpa
                              No need to edit the favorite file directly (and safer not to) - better to use WebUI and click on the pencil icon on the Favorite menu line.

Material skin also enables editing and adding folders & favorites directly from the UI.
                              As bpa says there are alternative methods of editing favourites.opml BUT if you must edit the file manually MAKE SURE LMS has been shut down first.
                              Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                              Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                              Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Celestion F10s
                              Dining Room SB Radio
                              Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                              Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                              Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

Working...