Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Create PLaylist based on MediaMonkey tags

I run into a problem to create a dynamic playlist base om my ratings. I maintain my music ratings in MediaMonkey (1 to 5 stars). I try to use SQL Playlist to dynamically create a playlist based on the ratings. However, I do not know which column in SQL to use to select on the rating. Maybe a more generic question is how do I know the columns that I can use in SQL Playlist. Can I use a query tool (e.g. Excel) to read the LMS database? Many thanks, Dan

I think you'd need the "TrackStat" plugin to be able to get ratings from the DB. I can't see that the default library DB saves the track ratings.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Ratings are native to LMS.
    LMS stores ratings in the database persist.db, table tracks_persistent, column rating
    TrackStat stores rating in the database persist.db, table track_statistics, column rating
    TrackStat synchronizes LMS' ratings (e.g. at startup, iirc)

persist.db is a SQLite database, there are lots of tools to browse it (I use sqlitestudio, which might be overkill). If you really want to use Excel (I wouldn't...), there is a ODBC driver available.

technical details:
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE tracks_persistent (
        id             INTEGER      PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
        url            TEXT         NOT NULL,
        musicbrainz_id VARCHAR (40),
        added          INT (10),
        rating         TINYINT (1),
        playCount      INT (10),
        lastPlayed     INT (10),
        urlmd5         CHAR (32)    NOT NULL
                                    DEFAULT '0'
    );
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE track_statistics (
        url            TEXT         NOT NULL,
        musicbrainz_id VARCHAR (40),
        playCount      INT (10),
        added          INT (10),
        lastPlayed     INT (10),
        rating         INT (10),
        urlmd5         CHAR (32)    NOT NULL
                                    DEFAULT '0'
    );
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Thanks guys for your swift reply. I'm diving in to it. Dan

I'm now a couple of steps further. I understand where to put the ratings in LMS. But I like to get the ratings from MediaMonkey in the LMS DB so I can select based on the MM rating. Mp3Tag shows that the MediaMonkey tags are stored in the "Rating MM" tag. This might be a naive question but is there any way that LMS can read the "Rating MM" tag and store its value in the tracks_persistent.rating field?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nobel View Post
    I'm now a couple of steps further. I understand where to put the ratings in LMS. But I like to get the ratings from MediaMonkey in the LMS DB so I can select based on the MM rating. Mp3Tag shows that the MediaMonkey tags are stored in the "Rating MM" tag. This might be a naive question but is there any way that LMS can read the "Rating MM" tag and store its value in the tracks_persistent.rating field?
    The CustomScan plugin has a RatingTag module which claims to be able to do this.
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Thanks Roland0. This plugin looks exactly what I need. I'll give it a try. Dan