Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Album Art - 'Chill Radio'

Hi Folks

Here's a weird one! I have four Logi Radios around the house. They all have 'Chill Radio' preset on button 6 playing via LMS. However, only one of them shows album art changing with each track plays, whilst the others just show the static station art.
    Never really noticed this before, but it gonna threaten my sleep pattern if I don't solve it!

I thought I'd got to know how these radios work, so how can that be? If they are accessing the same url for the station, how come, only 1 of them behaves differently with its display?

(Obvious answers always welcome!!!)

Cheers!
    Last edited by StevePalmer; 2020-07-03 at 02:43.
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

What happens if you play by URL on each radio - to ensure that it really is the same URL being used on each one?
    Also - which URL are you using (so others can try to repeat it).

For example - one might be using TuneIn URL to get to the stream and the others going direct to the broadcaster.
    This could make things behave differently because sometimes it is TuneIn that is supplying the cover art.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Thanks Paul

Yes, good point! Actually, I should be a bit more patient. It would seem (after I'd sent the post), that something is making the loading of the album art a bit 'lazy'. The Art seems to be about 0.5-1 track behind the actual sound. I can kinda live with that, but just, out of interest, interested to understand whether the laziness is driven by the url in question, or something within LMS.

Onwards and upwards!
    Steve
    Kettering, UK