Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I tested it over the weekend and it works great. Thank you very much! That is really a major improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    I can confirm that - no Podcast dropouts while I tried it over the weekend. Great!

But... opening Podcast-Lists seems to take (sometimes) a lot longer compared to not using the Plugin (or disabling it via its settings). Also Spotty was a lot less responsive while I was using the Plugin.
    'top' showed also quite high (intermittend) CPU load while using the plugin.
    I am not sure if Spotty & opening Podcast-List problems can even be related to the plugin or if it is a very strange coincidence - and its hard to measure as its not consistent....

(Pls note that I am running LMS on an old Atom based system, so others might not even notice the highe load)
    If no one else observes this added lag (>5 secs, so it is annoying) .... maybe, it's time to finally upgrade my LMS hardware....

I installed this plugin, as I would like to be able to play longer podcasts via LMS. However, it isn't working for me. Whether I am attempting to stream an internet radio station or a podcast episode, I get no audio at all with the Reliable plugin 0.14 enabled. In default LMS web interface, the time bar increments as if it is playing, but I get no sound. In Material skin, the time bar remains at 0:00.

I am running LMS 8.0.0 - 1594009895 on Windows 10 Pro (build 2004) and attempting to play on piCorePlayer 6.1.

In the server log, I see an entry like this each time when playback is attempted:

[20-07-07 05:57:29.5267] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (130) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't locate object method "new" via package "Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTPS" (perhaps you forgot to load "Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTPS"?) at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Reliable/ProtocolHandler.pm line 29.
    ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x1 145c824)

If I disable Reliable via its checkbox, playback is normal.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    I installed this plugin, as I would like to be able to play longer podcasts via LMS. However, it isn't working for me. Whether I am attempting to stream an internet radio station or a podcast episode, I get no audio at all with the Reliable plugin 0.14 enabled. In default LMS web interface, the time bar increments as if it is playing, but I get no sound. In Material skin, the time bar remains at 0:00.

I am running LMS 8.0.0 - 1594009895 on Windows 10 Pro (build 2004) and attempting to play on piCorePlayer 6.1.

In the server log, I see an entry like this each time when playback is attempted:

[20-07-07 05:57:29.5267] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (130) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't locate object method "new" via package "Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTPS" (perhaps you forgot to load "Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTPS"?) at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Reliable/ProtocolHandler.pm line 29.
    ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x1 145c824)

If I disable Reliable via its checkbox, playback is normal.

Hope this helps.
    Iíll push a change later today but it seems that your system does not support SSL which is really going to be an issue more and more these days
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

EXPERIMENTAL: "reliable" plugin for HTTP(S) streaming

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    If no one else observes this added lag (>5 secs, so it is annoying) .... maybe, it's time to finally upgrade my LMS hardware....
    There is normally no connection between spotty and this plugin. What might happen is a general slow down of your machine that impacts spotty. Although Iím not sure why this plugin would create such a big slowdown. It normally has limited overhead. Especially Iíve changed a few things when opening URLs when nothing is available yet, LMS was hammering the read function to get data, but now the given answer forces LMS to wait a bit more patiently
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Iíll push a change later today but it seems that your system does not support SSL which is really going to be an issue more and more these days
    Thanks, Phillipe. Will wait for the change. In case I was unclear, LMS on my system has no problem with https: streams (radio or podcast) unless I have the Reliable plugin enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    Thanks, Phillipe. Will wait for the change. In case I was unclear, LMS on my system has no problem with https: streams (radio or podcast) unless I have the Reliable plugin enabled.
    Are you sure that it is not trying to default to HTTP? LMS silently does that, and I did not do that in the plugin (till now). What CPU/OS/Version do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Are you sure that it is not trying to default to HTTP? LMS silently does that, and I did not do that in the plugin (till now). What CPU/OS/Version do you have?
    If I look at the song info (while playing) for the HTTPS podcasts and streams that I regularly use, they indeed show as https. Here's my system info as reported by LMS:

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1594009895 @ Mon Jul 6 06:43:06 WEDT 2020
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.024
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 3

EXPERIMENTAL: "reliable" plugin forHTTP(S) streaming

> I’ll push a change later today but it seems that your system does not
    > support SSL which is really going to be an issue more and more these
    > days

I think it's possible that you reach your code without ever having
    "use"d or "require"d S::P::Protocols:HTTPS. It would only be initialized
    if something was trying to play https before. The fix should be as
    simple as adding a use or require statement for this module in the
    plugin code.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I’ll push a change later today but it seems that your system does not
    > support SSL which is really going to be an issue more and more these
    > days

I think it's possible that you reach your code without ever having
    "use"d or "require"d S::P::Protocols:HTTPS. It would only be initialized
    if something was trying to play https before. The fix should be as
    simple as adding a use or require statement for this module in the
    plugin code.

--

Michael
    oh crap ... you're right I forgot that one :-)