Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

picoreplayer - squeezelite - 220v wifi plug

Good day,

I'm building an amplifier based on a audiophonics evo DAc rpi 4 and picoreplayer.
    I would like to be able to switch off the 2 smps 600rs when the system is turn off via the evo dac.
    I was going to use a relay but in order to make the system simpler I was thing in a 220v connected plug ( like for alexa) and drive them via a 433mhz module or wifi or BT.

Is it possible?

Thank you !

Manu

Lot of people using Pis use a GPIO pin+board to turn/off amps.

There are Google Home / Alexah alternatives using a wifi enabled socket but depends on the brand. For example I did a simple plugin for TP-link HS100 (all within home no need for any internet) which can be controlled from an LMS menu. see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...m-piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Lot of people using Pis use a GPIO pin+board to turn/off amps.
    If when you say Smpsu 600rs you mean the connexelectronix SMPSU600RS they have a control input which you can drive from GPIO, it'll need a little circuitry but about the same as an EM relay would.

Possibly use an SSR these can be driven direct from RPi's GPIO quite expensive but really simple.

RS has a 16A SSR for ú16 which I've used before and works well.

If you're not an expert be careful with mains voltages or SMPSU's they can bite HARD

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953