Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It will be interesting to see if it fixes the issue of radio stations occasionally stopping.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I plan to try it out over the weekend.
    There is a podcast that I listen to that is around 45 minutes long and I stopped using LMS to listen to it because it fails at around 20 minutes I think.
    I just played 3 podcasts that usually fail (https from acast) and they worked.
    Each was over 40 minutes - and I made a long pause on the 2nd one.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

It seems that most of mp4 podcasts I've tested on OpenJazz fail at least once during their 1 hour duration. It recovered every time
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    Thank you so much for tackling this issue!!

Podcast Problems are the ONE last thing, which made my LMS experience a little annoying at times.

I am using the plugin now. (All Players set to proxied streaming, enabled in the settings)
    Let me know what kind of feedback you need.

.... I just noticed one issue:
    When I pause a Podcast and restart it, I don't get audio anymore, just some hissing. Unfortunaltey, that does not happen consistently but only sometimes....
    As I understand it you don't need to set your players for proxied streaming, the plugin does it for you.

Yes it does
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

I've now streamed 24 hours of mp4 podcasts (using some other things I'm working on) and none failed. There is a re-opening every 20-30MB, always with "connection-reset-by-peer" error but the playlist had no interruption. That would tend to prove that these servers don't like to "stream" podcast, they assume that you are supposed to download everything then play it. It could be an option BTW, but I'm not sure it's any simpler.

I this a replacement for the official podcast plugin?
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I this a replacement for the official podcast plugin?
    No you still need the podcast plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    No you still need the podcast plugin.

Okay, thanks!
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I've now streamed 24 hours of mp4 podcasts (using some other things I'm working on) and none failed. There is a re-opening every 20-30MB, always with "connection-reset-by-peer" error but the playlist had no interruption. That would tend to prove that these servers don't like to "stream" podcast, they assume that you are supposed to download everything then play it. It could be an option BTW, but I'm not sure it's any simpler.
    I can confirm that - no Podcast dropouts while I tried it over the weekend. Great!

But... opening Podcast-Lists seems to take (sometimes) a lot longer compared to not using the Plugin (or disabling it via its settings). Also Spotty was a lot less responsive while I was using the Plugin.
    'top' showed also quite high (intermittend) CPU load while using the plugin.
    I am not sure if Spotty & opening Podcast-List problems can even be related to the plugin or if it is a very strange coincidence - and its hard to measure as its not consistent....

(Pls note that I am running LMS on an old Atom based system, so others might not even notice the highe load)