Setting up Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz etc on the Touch?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artmaltman
    • Apr 2010

Setting up Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz etc on the Touch?

What is the process to set up my Touch to run a streaming service like Spotify, Qobuz or Tidal?
    (Is there perhaps already a thread on this?)

Can I receiver higher quality sound -- worth it to pay for a premium service upgrade?

I plan to attach the Touch to a high quality DAC into my all tube audio system, def worth the quality.

Currently running LMS 8 on MacBook Pro, 16 gig I7.
    (Possibly not relevant if the Touch goes directly to the streaming service?)

Thank you.
    Art
  • Man in a van
    • Jan 2011

Hi Art

Spotify and Qobuz are both plugins of LMS

Tidal (also a Plugin) is installed, first by configuring a mysqueezebox account

All three, offer trial periods of variable length (normally they take an initial subscription fee which will automatically renew at the end of the trial period, unless cancelled prior to that end.

As advised by garym on your other thread, I think a raspberry pi running LMS and a squeezelite player is a better way forward.

Leave the current LMS on the mac (disable it from starting) and start with a pi (use LMS v7.9.3) and play around for a while.

It's not difficult, but can be frustrating, plenty of help available.

stay safe

ronnie

Comment

• artmaltman
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Man in a van
      Hi Art

Spotify and Qobuz are both plugins of LMS

Tidal (also a Plugin) is installed, first by configuring a mysqueezebox account

All three, offer trial periods of variable length (normally they take an initial subscription fee which will automatically renew at the end of the trial period, unless cancelled prior to that end.

As advised by garym on your other thread, I think a raspberry pi running LMS and a squeezelite player is a better way forward.

Leave the current LMS on the mac (disable it from starting) and start with a pi (use LMS v7.9.3) and play around for a while.

It's not difficult, but can be frustrating, plenty of help available.

stay safe

ronnie

Thanks for your advice Ronnie!
      This is clear.

Comment

Working...