Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: How dare They?

How dare They?

Excuse the rant ...

Trump is well known for expropriating popular music to boost his despicable journey through politics - often against the express wishes and complaints of the original artists.

Now, the senior advisor to mini-Trump Boris Johnson (a certain Rasputin doppelganger known as Dominic Cummings) is using Bob Dylan's lyrics to threaten a Hard Rain is going to fall on the UK civil service.

These charlatan politicians and their shadowy entourage are almost beyond contempt,
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Excuse the rant ...

Trump is well known for expropriating popular music to boost his despicable journey through politics - often against the express wishes and complaints of the original artists.

Now, the senior advisor to mini-Trump Boris Johnson (a certain Rasputin doppelganger known as Dominic Cummings) is using Bob Dylan's lyrics to threaten a Hard Rain is going to fall on the UK civil service.

These charlatan politicians and their shadowy entourage are almost beyond contempt,
    He actually said "A hard rain is coming" which suggests he is confusing Bob Dylan with George R R Martin

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Our leaders are a reflection of who we are. I'm not saying you or me personally, but in the aggregate. We elected these deplorable people and/or we allow them to stay in power. The ruling class has done a remarkably effective job of convincing the rest of us to act in their interest and of putting in place the infrastructure to keep us in line. Historically, even the greatest experiments in society without class have all been corrupt failures. There is something inherent in the human condition that always leads us back here.

And, if that wasn't enough, we now have a deadly global epidemic that we've somehow managed (see above) to turn into a political proxy war. That these d-bags are perverting our music is despicable, but the least of our problems. (See also: "Rearranging of deck chairs on the Titanic.") Good times!

I appreciate your comments.

I have to say that Dylan's new 'Rough and Rowdy Ways' is unlikely to inspire either Trump, Johnson and Cummings, or any of that ilk.

Rock on - Venceremos.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------