Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Synchronise line in input?

Hi.

Is there a plug in which can take a line in input and sync it with your players?

Cheers.

Yes.
    There may well be more than one but I use WaveInput.
    If you are using pCP then you have other options built into it.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Player sync together playing a source. It is not the source thats synced.

Waveinput can "play" a line in but there will be a delay and Line-in must be on the same system as LMS

PCP has an option to take line-in on a player (i.e. not on LMS system) and convert it into a HTTP stream which is then played - again there is latency.

With Waveinput line-in is usually converted into CD quality (i.e. 44.1kHz 2 channel s16p)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Yes.
    There may well be more than one but I use WaveInput.
    If you are using pCP then you have other options built into it.
    I don’t think you can sync the pCP line in IIRC but you definitely can with WavInput.
    I use a different method altogether - the server is too far away from where I want the line in - I use a Pi with Liquidsoap and Icecast and then “tune in” on LMS to its url
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

exactly what ive been looking for - can you give some details/a guide?

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I don’t think you can sync the pCP line in IIRC but you definitely can with WavInput.
    I use a different method altogether - the server is too far away from where I want the line in - I use a Pi with Liquidsoap and Icecast and then “tune in” on LMS to its url

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post
    exactly what ive been looking for - can you give some details/a guide?
    There are two methods suggested- which do you want ?

Main difference
    - Line in is on the player remote from LMS server
    OR
    - Line-in is on the same system as the LMS server

In both cases there will be latency of maybe up to 5 seconds - so this is not a way to play videos/TV through an audio system

pcp-streamer creates an icy stream, either in flac or mp3. Supports full input rate of you line in dac. Your LMS server can be anywhere.

Describe your hardware/server setup, and we can provide a few tips or threads that has tips in it already.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

i was hoping to play the output of a record player (inbuilt phono preamp, analog line output) using LMS but the record player is too far away:
    no wires
    no bluetooth stream
    plenty of network (wired and wireless)

i was happy with a small commerical streamer box that has line in and an mp3 url stream to play, but never found one at a reasonable price

delay getting started doesnt matter as long as it keeps on streaming through the pauses whilst vinyl is changed

What is a reasonable price for you?
    My solution was a 2nd hand line-in to USB ADC which then plugging into an already in place Raspberry Pi that was running LMS ... and the WaveIn plugin that I mentioned in the first reply.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

my lms server is running on a pc next to the multi-room amp in a cupboard and isnt anywhere physical that i can link to using line-in and waveinput (which i cant get working reliably anyway as it always breaks with 2 analog inputs from usb soundcards which are required for my multiple virtual squeezelite players)

so im left with a solution that is local to the record player - with a analog line-in that can send out a stream eg mp3 via wired or wireless ethernet that the lms server can connect to