Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You can mount the Pi in „Stealth mode“, the other way round so you have the ports inside. Then you can let the cables go out backwards.
    That is explained on the kickstarter page!

But I don‘t know if eg. A Hifiberry can be mounted with the audio ports upwards.

I have the first Smartpi case with the big backcover so my Hifiberry fits inside and the cables go out through the cover. I can tilt the case approximatly 20 degrees.

Interesting about the stealth mode. Is that possible with a prev version?

The Pro version now has the camera underneath, raising the display, so that looks as if it should give more room for cables - but really the case should alow ports to exit horizontally.
    I think there's space in the market for a much cheaper version of this https://www.max2play.com/en/audiopho...-instructions/

Alternately use a separate case and get a longer DSI cable.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    - but really the case should allow ports to exit horizontally.
    Exactly.

Cables sticking up out of the top as well as looking naff, tend to pull the display over backwards. Cables sticking out the sides look daft. They should exit at the back horizontally as low down as possible like the SB Touch and Classic.

I have 2 cases similar to these https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneNineDesi...%2C155&sr=8-16 and although not ideal, at least from where I sit in both locations, I can't see a single cable.

Name:  picase.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  162.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

For my second I used a 3A+, the cover that comes with the Smartipi goes over it to keep it in place and then the HAT on top.
    The 3A is smaller and perfect, you just do the wifi config in a file which is documented on the picoreplayer site.

I posted a photo the other day
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post979356

I got fed up waiting for a suitable case so here's my Smartipi with a JustBoom DAC/case connected via 30cm DSI cable. Granted it's fugly from the rear and may induce paroxyms in the OCD-afflicted, but there's no more cable strain and the screen can now tilt. From the front it's all hidden away.

Name:  2020-07-30 13.51.52 - Copy 50%.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  235.1 KB