Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes I have one already but with a rPi3. From memory I'm pretty sure the bundled cable won't be long enough to go to an outboard case, and also the Berry XLR case doesn't have an obvious entry point for it. I may have to disassemble the SmartiPi case to find out ...

I have a Pi2 with the official 7inch screen and case. Compared to a Joggler or an SB Touch itís rubbish. Touch the screen and it rocks backward each and every time.
    Iíd rehouse it if I could find a case that didnít rock when the screen is touched and doesnít look like a piece of Lego!

These days I opt for a Pi in a Lincoln Binnís case with USB DAC and an accompanying Joggler as a control point / now playing screen

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Iíd rehouse it if I could find a case that didnít rock when the screen is touched and doesnít look like a piece of Lego!
    How about one of these? : https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Pi-.../dp/B01GQFUWIC

/Claus

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Thatís the official case that I already have. Trust me, it rocks backwards every time you touch the screen as itís footprint is too small
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Thatís the official case that I already have. Trust me, it rocks backwards every time you touch the screen as itís footprint is too small
    Interesting - I don't think there is an "official" case for the Raspberry Pi 7-inch screen - i.e. from Raspberry Pi Trading.

That Amazon link implies the seller is "Raspberry Pi" - but clicking the link goes to a seller called NeeGo.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Touch the screen and it rocks backward each and every time.
    That is not happening with the SmartiPi case!
    And you can also get it without the LEGO part. :-) You can find a picture of it somewhere in the forum (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post976023) with my LEGO onto of the case. :-)
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB; Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCoreplayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone; two Airport Express

I would be in for two but I'm done with Kickstarter and Indiegogo. I've been burned on several and all of the rest went as much as 3+ years late. I just finally got one two weeks ago that I funded July 2017. KS and IGG offer absolutely zero support for victims of scams. I understand we "agree" that none are 100% successful but they should offer at least some help to keep their platform honest.

IF this ever gets to the point that I can order units with quick shipping, I will look at it again. It looks interesting and I would like to add some "Touch" to a coupla rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Yes I have one already but with a rPi3. From memory I'm pretty sure the bundled cable won't be long enough to go to an outboard case
    The SmartiPi caes are made to have all in one case. Here I have the Pi 3B+, a Hifiberry card and the 7" display in it. That is working fine.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB; Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCoreplayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone; two Airport Express

Just wanted to flag up that the campaign ends shortly and it needs help. So if you were going to commit now is a great time.
    Personally I think the cases are excellent and this new one looks even better

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    The SmartiPi cases are made to have all in one case. Here I have the Pi 3B+, a Hifiberry card and the 7" display in it. That is working fine.
    How do you fit the HAT?

I have a Smartipi Touch but all the HATs I've seen have the audio ports facing downwards which leaves no space for cable plugs, so I had to get 90 deg elbow adapters. Also this means that the screen can't tilt backwards. Not great. :-(
    Plus the Pi's ports are flush with the case edge so any USB/LAN cables stick out at the side.

Name:  2020-07-16 08.54.07 - Copy resized 2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  78.6 KB
    Last edited by mr-b; 2020-07-16 at 01:40.