Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    494

    Touch USB output voltage

    Thinking of adding the new Schiit Modius dac to my Touch setup, and would like to power it via USB. Schiit says if the Touch can output 5V from its USB port then it should work. does anyone know if it can?
    --
    4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
    Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61
    G61--> Nordost Red Dawn-->Primare 30.3
    Primare-->Ocos--Vienna Acoustics Beethoven/Maestro

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,641
    You will have to decide for yourself

    ronnie

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YKQ/edit#gid=2

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    19,324
    and it will not be volts that matter (as USB is standard ) but amps.

    If Touch cannot deliver enough amps you'll need a hub.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    You will have to decide for yourself

    ronnie

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YKQ/edit#gid=2
    thanks- i wasn't necessarily talking about using EDO. my plan was to use USB for power, and coax for signal.
    --
    4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
    Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61
    G61--> Nordost Red Dawn-->Primare 30.3
    Primare-->Ocos--Vienna Acoustics Beethoven/Maestro

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,641
    Quote Originally Posted by netchord View Post
    thanks- i wasn't necessarily talking about using EDO. my plan was to use USB for power, and coax for signal.

    Well as bpa referenced, the usb2 is 500ma so maybe the SBT will drive it.

    If using the non EDO co-ax output it will be limited to 96 kHz

    ronnie

    Warning, drink has been taken whilst compiling this answer

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Well as bpa referenced, the usb2 is 500ma so maybe the SBT will drive it.

    If using the non EDO co-ax output it will be limited to 96 kHz

    ronnie

    Warning, drink has been taken whilst compiling this answer
    drink has been taken while reading it.
    --
    4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
    Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61
    G61--> Nordost Red Dawn-->Primare 30.3
    Primare-->Ocos--Vienna Acoustics Beethoven/Maestro

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,641
    Hic !

    It might be worthwhile using EDO on the Touch for the co-ax and a 5volt 1amp supply for the dac thingy !

    But that neeeds an extra plug and whatknot and i'm guessing you don't want that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Hic !

    It might be worthwhile using EDO on the Touch for the co-ax and a 5volt 1amp supply for the dac thingy !

    But that neeeds an extra plug and whatknot and i'm guessing you don't want that.
    correct. trying to keep the wires to a minimum.
    --
    4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
    Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61
    G61--> Nordost Red Dawn-->Primare 30.3
    Primare-->Ocos--Vienna Acoustics Beethoven/Maestro

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    24

    modius and touch neither sound nor music

    have been trying to get the touch to play via usb into the modius with EDO but there's hardly a sound coming out.

    touch via coaxial into the modius works without any problems. with EDO 1.0 installed it seems very palpable to me that the bass is truly less weighty/impactful whilst vocals are more prominent but sharper. have reverted back to touch (without EDO) to modius via coaxial.

    keep the drinks refilled.

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Ouput/page264

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •