Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Disabling only the “Enable musicbrainz tags” option can also help in some setups since the musicbrainz handling part in the refresh operation might be the cause to the problem. You should be able to see in the server.log which part of the refresh operation that takes most time.
    I think this may have solved the freezing issue. Will test further. I did enable "rescan refresh" and disabled "enable musicbrainz tags".

Quote Originally Posted by CypherMK View Post
    I think this may have solved the freezing issue. Will test further. I did enable "rescan refresh" and disabled "enable musicbrainz tags".
    What surprises me is just that one plugin is able to lock the whole server. I didn't expect that to be the case, I thought LMS ran multi-threaded and individual plugins wouldn't be able to be so evil.

I suppose I should consider myself lucky it only hangs for five minutes, but then it is a full-phat x86 processor pegged at 100% utilisation, not a Raspberry Pi.

I'll try turning off the musicbrainz integration piece (in about four and a half minutes time).
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Well I can tell you it's not doing system calls while it's hung, it's purely spinning in user code:

# strace -fp 24410
    strace: Process 24410 attached

[..tens of seconds elapse..]

^Cstrace: Process 24410 detached
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Well I can tell you it's not doing system calls while it's hung, it's purely spinning in user code:

# strace -fp 24410
    strace: Process 24410 attached

[..tens of seconds elapse..]

^Cstrace: Process 24410 detached
    If it’s related to the TrackStat plugin it hangs in an SQL statement executing in the SQLite database code.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    What surprises me is just that one plugin is able to lock the whole server. I didn't expect that to be the case, I thought LMS ran multi-threaded and individual plugins wouldn't be able to be so evil.
    Unfortunately it’s single threaded so it’s very easy for a plugin to accidentally lock the server. The plugin APIs related to scanning is a bit better today compared to when TrackStat was developed to decrease the risk of this happening during scanning. Scanning is the only thing that runs as a separate process to avoid the risk of locking the whole server. However, the scanning APIs would unlikely help with the TrackStat issues since people would be equally tired of a scanning process that takes several hours to complete.

The easy solution is to uninstall plugins that cause these kind of issues, especially unsupported plugins like TrackStat that’s unlikely to be fixed. For people interested in rating support there is a new Ratings Light plugin that’s actively supported and don’t have these kind of issues. Might be worth to encourage the developer of that to add features necessary to be able to replace TrackStat.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )