Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I never switch it off, so have never noticed the boot time. (I think that's the question? Sorry if I misunderstand)

No, no ethernet and I've never played with bluetooth on pcp. But as a standalone player it's just fine

Quote Originally Posted by gvh View Post
    I never switch it off, so have never noticed the boot time. (I think that's the question? Sorry if I misunderstand)
    I like to turn things off at the wall but I can make exceptions for low power devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake72 View Post
    I like to turn things off at the wall but I can make exceptions for low power devices.
    This sounds like a bad idea for a system running a database (like LMS). If you really would like this, then I recommend to add a UPS to the RaspberryPi setup, and with software, when the UPS is activated, runs some code and shuts down LMS nicely. This to avoid database corruption.

/Claus

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    This sounds like a bad idea for a system running a database (like LMS). If you really would like this, then I recommend to add a UPS to the RaspberryPi setup, and with software, when the UPS is activated, runs some code and shuts down LMS nicely. This to avoid database corruption.

/Claus
    Unlike the op I run LMS on a NAS so my pi would just be a player. So turning the player off should be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake72 View Post
    Unlike the op I run LMS on a NAS so my pi would just be a player. So turning the player off should be fine?
    If you use piCorePlayer as software then it is not a problem to shut down the power of the the player. That is probably also valid for other software (max2play, Volumio, HifiberryOS etc) but I don't know for sure.