Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    bpa,

I doubt my absence constituted a "cliffhanger" but I thought you deserved an update all the same. After a couple of factory resets of the router, followed by unsuccessful attempts to set up the Touch, I threw in the towel on the Touch.

I now have a Squeezebox Radio and 2 raspberry pi devices running flawlessly so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the music.

Many thanks for your attention and help,

Steve

One of the problems I have noticed is the Squeezebox devices do not seem to like Channel 6, or at least don't on my Unifi Access Points. Just had this with a previously working Boom. I ran the Unifi AP AI function which tests the environment and selects the best radio settings. Previously the affected AP was on Channel 1 but it decided Channel 6 was better. All other devices worked but the Boom reported no WiFi network; as soon as I changed back to Ch1 it connected immediately. All other Channels seem to work correctly though.

Squeezebox Touch won't connect to LMS After Nest Wifi Router is used

I have similar problem. After I replaced the Google Wifi with the newer Nest Wifi system, my squeezebox touch refuse to connect to LMS (or the mysqueezebox.com). And I have 2 SBTs. Interesting thing is the older squeezebox classic works perfectly. Only my 2 SBTs won't connect to the LMS. Sometimes, they do seem to connect to the LMS but if I try to play any local stored music it just has no sound. If I click Tidal app it will just tell me it can't connect to LMS. It does seem to be able to access the music files store on my NAS but just doesn't play. Once I switch back to the old Google Wifi, everything works perfectly. I have reset all the routers and the SBTs but can't seem to make the problem any better.

I have the same problem with my two SB Touches. I "solved" the problem by connecting them with LAN cable to the router. I could not get them connected wirelessly.

The problem appeared when I replaced my old router with the new Netgear Orbi.

Quote Originally Posted by DejanM View Post
    I have the same problem with my two SB Touches. I "solved" the problem by connecting them with LAN cable to the router. I could not get them connected wirelessly.

The problem appeared when I replaced my old router with the new Netgear Orbi.
    With the SB Radios that have problems with some mesh networks and now a issue with the Touch, I wonder if these new routers are not entirely compatible with old wifi standards used by our beloved SB hardware.

For the SB radio problem, another user was able to resolve the problem by changing some of the wifi communication standards on the router. I think it was wifi6?

Making sure these new routers have the old wifi b/g/n standards active might be a place to investigate.

I have a Touch working with a Netgear Orbi but it is the older model Rxx50.

SB player do not work on 5GHz - so don't worry about settings for 5GHz.

You only need to change settings for 2.4GHz .

Disable the features that make them incompatible such as 40MHz Channel bonding. You could aos try disabling Roaming.

Simply enabling /disabling features on the UI and then seeing if it works may not be the best test method. It may be necessary to reboot player and router to ensure all old value in caches are flushed out as this is time consuming, you may need to do a bit of homework to understand features and whether they might cause problem with old 802.11g devices.

I now switched back to google wifi and everything works perfectly! I also have a SQT that always has weak connection so I set up one Nest wifi router as a point and put it close to the SQT. And the SQT won't connect to LMS through the Nest Wifi even though it is set up as an access point. There is really not much you can set up for the Nest/Google Wifi. Maybe it is time to ditch the SQT, which I really love!?