Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    garym,

Thanks for your reply.

Yep, the Vortexbox is connected via ethernet to my local network. After a factory reset of the Touch, it connects to the local network with no problem. (I had changed the SSIS and password, so maybe that caused a problem.)

It's true that the old router used 192.168.1.xxx, whereas the new router uses 192.168.86.xxx. But the Vortexbox never used a static IP address, and it has been assigned an address in the 192.168.86.xxx range by the new router.

My mention of the Chromecast Audio devices was irrelevant; I don't use them in LMS, not having installed philippe's Chromecast Bridge plugin.

So, although my Squeezebox Radio, an old Squeezebox Classic (SB3) that I just "dusted off," and 2 raspberry pi devices, all work with LMS, the Touch does not. It's a puzzlement.

I guess I should add that the Touch reaches neither mysqueezebox.com nor LMS.

I guess I should just be happy with what I've got, but the Touch served me well for so many years and I'd like to solve the problem because it bugs me.

Cheers,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by radish112 View Post
    garym,

I guess I should add that the Touch reaches neither mysqueezebox.com nor LMS.
    That tells me that the TOUCH is not talking to your local network or the internet in general. I suspect something minor is wrong. Have you done a factory reset of the TOUCH and started over with it (network setup, etc.):

To reset Squeezebox Touch, press the reset button located on the back of your Squeezebox above the power plug. Hold the button until a ôFactory Reset" message appears on the screen. Alternatively, go to Home > Settings > Advanced > Factory Reset >
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

There are two perspectives - Touch may see LMS but LMS may not see Touch.

To check.
    What does the Touch Settings/Advanced/Diagnostics Wireless Info and Server Info say - all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    That tells me that the TOUCH is not talking to your local network or the internet in general. I suspect something minor is wrong. Have you done a factory reset of the TOUCH and started over with it (network setup, etc.):

To reset Squeezebox Touch, press the reset button located on the back of your Squeezebox above the power plug. Hold the button until a ôFactory Reset" message appears on the screen. Alternatively, go to Home > Settings > Advanced > Factory Reset >

Yep, many times....

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    There are two perspectives - Touch may see LMS but LMS may not see Touch.

To check.
    What does the Touch Settings/Advanced/Diagnostics Wireless Info and Server Info say - all the details.
    bpa,

Thanks for weighing in, here goes:

WIRELESS INFO
    Wireless Network - Name of my Network/SSID
    Wireless encryption - WPA2-PSK
    Wireless signal - 100%
    IP Address - 192.168.86.39
    IP Subnet - 255.255.255.0
    IP Gateway - 192.168.86.1
    DNS server - 192.168.86.1

SERVER INFO
    mysqueezebox.com - DNS failed
    PING - Can't ping
    TCP Port 3483 - Can't connect
    TCP Port 9000 - Can't connect
    mysqueezebox.com registration - Registered
    Logitech Media Server - Not connected
    Library Name - Not connected
    PING - Not connected
    TCP Port 3483 - Not connected
    TCP Port 9000 - Not connected

mysqueezebox.com - DNS failed
    The implication of the Wireless setup is Wifi is OK and DHCP is OK. DHCP supplies the DNS address but lookup of mysqueezebox.com address fails.
    Is the router acting properly relaying DNS requests ?
    Is Touch being blocked from internet access ?

Can you ssh into the Touch ?

The implication of the Wireless setup is Wifi is OK and DHCP is OK. DHCP supplies the DNS address but lookup of mysqueezebox.com address fails.
    Is the router acting properly relaying DNS requests ?
    Is Touch being blocked from internet access ?
    bpa,

I'm not very knowledgeable about wireless networks
    What information would tell me whether:
    1. the router is acting properly relaying DNS requests?
    2. the Touch is being blocked from internet access?

Concerning ssh...

On the Touch I used Settings>Advanced>Remote Login to Enable SSH
    This provided me with a "root password"
    I tried logging in to the Touch with Filezilla's SFTP- SSH File Transfer Protocol using the user name "root" and the Touch-supplied password

But, alas, I could not connect

bpa,

I'm not very knowledgeable about wireless networks
    What information would tell me whether:
    1. the router is acting properly relaying DNS requests?
    2. the Touch is being blocked from internet access?
    This would probably be something on the router. Logging into the Touch using ssh enables command line commands to be executed and so test & check connectivity from the Touch. If we can't login to Touch then there is likely a network problem problem not a Touch one.

On the Touch I used Settings>Advanced>Remote Login to Enable SSH
    This provided me with a "root password"
    I tried logging in to the Touch with Filezilla's SFTP- SSH File Transfer Protocol using the user name "root" and the Touch-supplied password
    IIRC Filezilla only file transfer - we need command line access. What OS do you have to run a command line prompt Windows, Linux aka Ubuntu/Debian etc, OSX ?

For linux get a shell prompt and use command ssh root@192.168.86.39

For Windows use puTTY - I'm not familiar with the exact details.

With both I expect the connection to initially fail - hopefully with an error like "no matching key exchange method found" rather than can't find 192.168.86.39

This would probably be something on the router. Logging into the Touch using ssh enables command line commands to be executed and so test & check connectivity from the Touch. If we can't login to Touch then there is likely a network problem problem not a Touch one.

IIRC Filezilla only file transfer - we need command line access. What OS do you have to run a command line prompt Windows, Linux aka Ubuntu/Debian etc, OSX ?

For linux get a shell prompt and use command ssh root@192.168.86.39

For Windows use puTTY - I'm not familiar with the exact details.

With both I expect the connection to initially fail - hopefully with an error like "no matching key exchange method found" rather than can't find 192.168.86.39
    Using Putty on my Windows 10 computer, I enter the IP address, and a Putty window opens. But no information request appears regarding "host key" or "no matching key exchange method found", etc.

What I get instead is "Network Error: Connection timed out."