Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

pCP/Jivelite: original SB remote has no OK or Select?

I am using a real Slim SqBox infra-red remote, but when trying to select some options, the remote has (bizarrely) no OK -or select- button in the centre of the up/down/left/right arrow keys.

The “play” or “right arrow” buttons work for some, but not all, operations. An attached USB keyboard or mouse work, using Enter or Space or left-click to select. However, without them, some major functions (like Settings) are impossible with just the SB remote.

How can I nominate/re-program another button on the SB ir remote as OK/select? (rather like “size” has been usefully re-purposed as “stop”?)
    Last edited by mooblie; 2020-06-02 at 03:46. Reason: typo
    Martin

Can you give the full path of one that you could not set?
    I ask because I tried a few in Settings and was able to change things and get back.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

Actually, I could not select ANY of the Grid Screen "Settings" - there is no "OK" nor "Select" button!

------

IMPORTANT EDIT: I feel a fool - having just re-checked all the SB3 remote's buttons again, I see that the (otherwise unused) "Brightness" button has been re-purposed as an "OK/select" - in the same way as the "Size" button is now a "Stop" button.

Sorry to have cried wolf - but hopefully this thread (and my embarrassment!) may be useful to others. Thanks again to everyone concerned.

To summarise, if using an original Slim/Logitech Squeezebox remote with pCP/Jivelite:

Size acts as Stop,
    Brightness acts as OK/Select, and
    Sleep acts as Back.
    Last edited by mooblie; 2020-06-02 at 03:48. Reason: added more info after checking again!
    Martin

aha - I was not using Grid.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by mooblie View Post
    IMPORTANT EDIT: I feel a fool - having just re-checked all the SB3 remote's buttons again, I see that the (otherwise unused) "Brightness" button has been re-purposed as an "OK/select" - in the same way as the "Size" button is now a "Stop" button.

Sorry to have cried wolf - but hopefully this thread (and my embarrassment!) may be useful to others
    Indeed it is! I had switched to the Joggler skin because I had no idea about this Brightness button remapping. Thanks!

-Peter
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock