Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Miniboss Player Plus?

Essentially I'm looking for an audio solution that's not to expensive to go in a conservatory, something based on Pi Zero W and PiCorePlayer would seem to fit the bill.

While looking for options (many of which seem to be out of stock) I found this : https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/singl...z-p-13744.html

A bit more than I wanted to pay but it looks a decent bit of kit, just throw in some speakers and you're away.

Has anyone tried one of these in an LMS ecosystem?

It talks about Volumio in the link but it's just a Pi Zero, a DAC and an amp right? So I assume it would be straightforward to drop PiCorePlayer on there?

Maybe one concern is they say Pi Zero, not Pi Zero W, it's not clear to me how this is a network player.

The Allo mini-boss is supported by pCP...... hard to say what Audiophonics is doing, I hope they are using a ZeroW...... but who knows. I personally would watch the wifi on a zeroW anyway, the signal strength is hit and miss.

There are several amp hats too, that include small onboard amplifiers.
    Justboom is a nice one, but that seems to be out of stock.
    I'm just getting a new Merus Amp Hat board...and will be adding support for that. This is a new release board and appears to have some stock at Digikey.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The Allo mini-boss is supported by pCP...... hard to say what Audiophonics is doing, I hope they are using a ZeroW...... but who knows. I personally would watch the wifi on a zeroW anyway, the signal strength is hit and miss.

There are several amp hats too, that include small onboard amplifiers.
    Justboom is a nice one, but that seems to be out of stock.
    Aye.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I'm just getting a new Merus Amp Hat board...and will be adding support for that. This is a new release board and appears to have some stock at Digikey.
    But this looks good.

2 x 40W amp, it plugs right into the Pi Zero so it's got a DAC presumably and you wire your speakers right in there?

I'll nab one of these I think, I also have a speculative request on a SqueezeAmp but there may be a wait for that and I do have multiple rooms anyway.

tvm!

Don't overlook one of these:

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/p...-3w-stereo-amp

There's a thread on this forum showing how you can get the screen and buttons to work under pCp and Jivelite. With a reasonable set of speaker, 3W per channel is fine, particularly considering the small outlay.

If you are not looking for top end HiFi I’d just get a Pi3 and stick piCorePlayer on it and then couple it up to some usb powered speakers such as Alesis M1 USB at about £85.
    I use such a setup at a remote office and can categorically say that it works fine.
    The WiFi on a Pi3 is significantly better than a Zero W
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng