Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Buffering/skipping after streaming for a long time

I'm running the latest LMS 8.0.1 nightly on pcp 6.1 and in general, everything works fine. The one odd thing I get is that after I've been listening to a stream (playlist) on Tidal for a long time - maybe 60-90 mins or so - I seem to get really severe buffering problems. Pausing and restatarting doesn't do anything. I need to restart LMS and then it's fine. It happens on both hardware (transporter) and multiple pcp based players.

It doesn't seem to be tied to a particular stream, and I haven't got logs yet - just wondered if others had seen anything similar.

Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    I'm running the latest LMS 8.0.1 nightly on pcp 6.1 and in general, everything works fine. The one odd thing I get is that after I've been listening to a stream (playlist) on Tidal for a long time - maybe 60-90 mins or so - I seem to get really severe buffering problems. Pausing and restatarting doesn't do anything. I need to restart LMS and then it's fine. It happens on both hardware (transporter) and multiple pcp based players.

It doesn't seem to be tied to a particular stream, and I haven't got logs yet - just wondered if others had seen anything similar.
    Check first post in this thread
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post996661

Interesting that problem also happens on Transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Check first post in this thread
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post996661

Interesting that problem also happens on Transporter.
    In the first posting, I still suspected a memory leak. Meanwhile, the focus has moved to connections. Every Tidal track that is played leaves a connection behind that is not closed by the LMS. After about 100 tracks, the entire server is in trouble. It will still give out new connections, but they are being reset all the time. My LMS runs on piCore, and that machine's web interface stops working properly, too. As soon as the LMS is restarted, all those pending connections are released and everything is fine again. Fortunately, it only takes a second to restart LMS on piCore.

Since there is no Logitech hardware player left which can play Tidal natively, the problem affects all types of players. Squeezelite will still play, but there seem to be problems handing over the stream.
    SCALEO Home Server 2105 & piCorePlayer 6.1.0 | Logitech Media Server 8.2.0 | Server Power Control 20120716.103808 | Transporter & Duet & Touch & Boom & Radio | Rotel RC-995 & RMB-100 | Nubert NuVero 140

Quote Originally Posted by gvh View Post
    The issue I'm getting is that every song is being cut off early, the next track starts a few seconds before the song is due to end. Crossfade is off. Not sure of any other settings to check.
    Nothing in the logs even with Tidal set to debug.
    I should mention this here, too: A few tracks before the connections break, the last few seconds of tracks are skipped. Since it is not an obvious thing with many tracks, I can't say whether it happens all the time and when it starts, but it is usually a sign that after a few more tracks, the re-buffering will start.

Edit: I just noticed this with 80 pending connections. From what I saw yesterday, re-buffering will start after another 20-25 tracks.
    Last edited by mvordeme; 2020-12-12 at 07:27.
    SCALEO Home Server 2105 & piCorePlayer 6.1.0 | Logitech Media Server 8.2.0 | Server Power Control 20120716.103808 | Transporter & Duet & Touch & Boom & Radio | Rotel RC-995 & RMB-100 | Nubert NuVero 140

Interesting. As I mentioned, I see this both on pcp players, but also on Transporter, but certainly only with Tidal - never noticed it with anything else. It certainly feels like a leak of some kind, not a specific track or album - restarting LMS always fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    You're missing SSL libraries (need at least 2.06) and I think you'll need to upgrade Raidiator OS to get them.

I think you might need to provide more info on NAS model to get help on upgrade.

fro example - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post995340
    Thank you for responding.

The NAS is a Netgear NV+V2 running Radiator 5.3.13 so it is not possible to upgrade OS. I have tweeked it to run TLS1.2 using the update from rdynsxtrs
    (https://github.com/rdynsxtrs/r5bin/tree/master/apache2) but installing SSL libraries is beyond my limited understanding of network security and coding and I'm not sure that it is even possible on this old system. If anyone has done it easily (a bin file not coding!) then please advise.

At present I am running LMS 8.01 on my W10 laptop and can stream Tidal Flac albeit with a bit of buffering on some tracks. The beauty of running LMS from the NAS was "always on" availability without having to fire up a PC so I think the only way to achieve that again with Tidal would be a new NAS or maybe a Pi.

Quote Originally Posted by TIM27 View Post
    Thank you for responding.

The NAS is a Netgear NV+V2 running Radiator 5.3.13 so it is not possible to upgrade OS. I have tweeked it to run TLS1.2 using the update from rdynsxtrs
    (https://github.com/rdynsxtrs/r5bin/tree/master/apache2) but installing SSL libraries is beyond my limited understanding of network security and coding and I'm not sure that it is even possible on this old system. If anyone has done it easily (a bin file not coding!) then please advise.

At present I am running LMS 8.01 on my W10 laptop and can stream Tidal Flac albeit with a bit of buffering on some tracks. The beauty of running LMS from the NAS was "always on" availability without having to fire up a PC so I think the only way to achieve that again with Tidal would be a new NAS or maybe a Pi.
    For the buffering problem, I found that with older players (e.g. Boom and Transporter for me), that although they worked, they struggled with decompressing some more highly compressed flac tracks. So, I transcode flac back to a less compressed flac on the server for those players only.

In custom-convert.conf, i add

flc flc * xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    # FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
    [flac] -cs1 $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$

where xx:xx is the mac address of the player

pete S

Quote Originally Posted by TIM27 View Post
    so I think the only way to achieve that again with Tidal would be a new NAS or maybe a Pi.
    A small Pi with say PCP will probably be the simplest solution.
    It is unobtrusive & quiet - like a small PSU.
    Once setup - you'll notice few LMS changes and your NAS will continue unchanged as well.
    It is affordable - cheaper than any other replacement scenario. It will work with any future NAS replacement.
    LMS on Pi is well supported (choices - PCP, Raspian or max2play) and many other users who have gone down the same road (e.g. add Pi for LMS & use NAS as a NAS) to give advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mvordeme View Post
    In the first posting, I still suspected a memory leak. Meanwhile, the focus has moved to connections. Every Tidal track that is played leaves a connection behind that is not closed by the LMS. After about 100 tracks, the entire server is in trouble. It will still give out new connections, but they are being reset all the time. My LMS runs on piCore, and that machine's web interface stops working properly, too. As soon as the LMS is restarted, all those pending connections are released and everything is fine again. Fortunately, it only takes a second to restart LMS on piCore.

Since there is no Logitech hardware player left which can play Tidal natively, the problem affects all types of players. Squeezelite will still play, but there seem to be problems handing over the stream.
    I am having exactly the same issue. And I am running on a Pi3b+ and Transporter as player. I suspect some memory problem too....
    Last edited by callesoroe; 2020-12-14 at 05:32.
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Preamp Gato PRD-3S NPM, Martin Logan Vista speakers, Power-AMP Gato DPA-4004 (biamp setup).
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Summerhouse: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

Attention TIDAL users - changesahead!

> I am having exactly the same issue.

What's running your LMS? TIDAL lossy or lossless?

--

Michael