Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prutser View Post

Environment:

Logitech Media Server Versie: 8.0.0 - 1603862260 @ Wed Oct 28 07:37:41 CET 2020
    Your LMS version is too old?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @prutser

I know nothing of "Docker" ....

ronnie
    Smoked a few when I was a lad.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Smoked a few when I was a lad.

I remember "Lady Docker" but it gets a bit hazy after that

I have updated to 8.0.1 and now Tidal works again. So the suggesion to update to v8.0 was not entirely correct: there are more 8.0 version ans not all work with Tidal.

And for the ones who do not know Docker:

Docker allows to run a complete environment an isolated container. A little bit like a virtual machine, but without the performance penalty. I have my LMS including all its dependencies inside a Docker container
    and can easily switch to the previous version without re-installing. Can also move it fairly easy to a new PC/Linux distribution.

Attention TIDAL users - changes ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by prutser View Post
    I have updated to 8.0.1 and now Tidal works again. So the suggesion to update to v8.0 was not entirely correct: there are more 8.0 version ans not all work with Tidal.

And for the ones who do not know Docker:

Docker allows to run a complete environment an isolated container. A little bit like a virtual machine, but without the performance penalty. I have my LMS including all its dependencies inside a Docker container
    and can easily switch to the previous version without re-installing. Can also move it fairly easy to a new PC/Linux distribution.
    No 8.0 should absolutely work, this is the new stable version. Make sure you did not use one of the older 8 nightly. Note that 8.0.1 is just a nightly which probably have no difference compared to 8.0 official for now

[edit]: I just saw your 8.0.0 version, it was a nightly of October 28, certainly not the official 8 version that has been release yesterday and we have made various correction especially for Tidal since 10/28

EnvoyÚ de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mrk.Mtchll View Post
    on my mac (MacOS High Sierra) I go to system preferences and on the bottom row of icons there is one for Logitech Media Server. clicking that should open up a control window to set it to start on boot/manual/whatever. Whenever a new version is ready I get a window pop up asking me to install.

on LMS the link to mysqueezebox.com will take your squeezebox back to a direct connection. there should be a link back to logitech media server if you scroll thru the menu which will connect you to LMS on your Mac.
    on LMS there is various options: apps/Tidal which is same as using mysqueezbox.com and there is something called mymusic(?) which will allow you to see and scan for items on tidal as well - this option is useful if you have more than 550 artists, albums, etc.
    In an attempt to Use tidal again on SBT, I installed today's version of the LMS on my mac. This is the first time I have ever used LMS. It seams the LMS and the SBT are not talking to each other. I have pulled up the LMS system preferences box on the mac, entered my mysqueezebox.com login info (it said it successfully logged in). The LMS shows Total Players recognized: 0. On the SBT itself, server info shows "Not Connected" to LMS.

Someone else here says to go to LMS settings in lower right corner and enter more info for Squeezebox and Tidal to work. I do not see where to do that on my LMS system preferences window. How do I navigate where to do this?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Tidal, todays LMS, and rebooted the Mac and the SBT with no luck.

Do I need to enter HTTP info in mysqueezebox.com for it to work? If yes, where do I find the correct numbers to enter?

Thank you in advance for all guidance and patience! Help!
    Pete
    Last edited by pweisel; 2020-11-22 at 23:46.

Attention TIDAL users - changesahead!

> In an attempt to Use tidal again on SBT, I installed today's version of
    > the LMS on my mac. *This is the first time I have ever used LMS.* It
    > seams the LMS and the SBT are not talking to each other.

You'll have to actively connect the player to your LMS. Go to the My
    Music menu item, and it should show you your newly installed LMS.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > In an attempt to Use tidal again on SBT, I installed today's version of
    > the LMS on my mac. *This is the first time I have ever used LMS.* It
    > seams the LMS and the SBT are not talking to each other.

You'll have to actively connect the player to your LMS. Go to the My
    Music menu item, and it should show you your newly installed LMS.

--

Michael
    Do you mean physically connect? When I go to my music on the SBT it only asks if I want to switch libraries and lists an old one from my wife's mac...

Quote Originally Posted by pweisel View Post
    Do you mean physically connect? When I go to my music on the SBT it only asks if I want to switch libraries and lists an old one from my wife's mac...
    Is your Touch on the same network as the server?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is relevant ... but is the Touch using its internal TinyLMS?
    If yes - could that be confusing things (I don't have a Touch).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland