Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Attention TIDAL users - changesahead!

> I version 7 there was a setting in Tidal (plugin?) re: streaming
    > quality. I cant find that setting anymore... is it permanently "high"
    > now or?

It's not a setting where you'd usually find the settings, but it's in
    the TIDAL main menu.

--

Michael

Tidal Streaming

Hi,
    I have a Tidal HiFi account and am trying to stream FLAC. However in the settings in the web app where you change the settings, it will not change to FLAC. It remains AAC/320kbps. Is there somewhere else this needs to be changed as well?
    I don't see anywhere to change it on mySqueezebox.com or in the Tidal Plugin.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreykc View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Tidal HiFi account and am trying to stream FLAC. However in the settings in the web app where you change the settings, it will not change to FLAC. It remains AAC/320kbps. Is there somewhere else this needs to be changed as well?
    I don't see anywhere to change it on mySqueezebox.com or in the Tidal Plugin.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks!
    Its the last menu item when you click on the Tidal App to browse through files, itĺs not in the settings
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Its the last menu item when you click on the Tidal App to browse through files, itĺs not in the settings
    Thanks, actually I wasn't very clear in how I posted, sorry for that. I'm actually having trouble setting the file type in the web app for Logitech Media Server. When you go to Tidal and settings there's a place to choose the file type, but I can only set it to ACC. I was able to before when my subscription went through Apple, but I've since canceled that and went directly through Tidal because of the cost. I do have Tidal HiFi so I should be able to listen to lossless.

I have the latest Server software that's been released, 8.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreykc View Post
    I have the latest Server software that's been released, 8.0.1.
    The latest LMS software that has been officially released is actually 8.1.0. This is the version that is offered for download on https://www.mysqueezebox.com. Some bugs that were found after the release of 8.1.0 have been fixed in the latest 8.1.1 nightly build that can be downloaded from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.1
    At this moment in time (jan 11, 2021) the latest 8.1.1 nightly build can be considered as the most stable version of LMS. I know that 8.1.1 nightly contains some additional TIDAL transcoding fixes compared to 8.1.0, but I don't know if these fixes will make a difference for the choice between AAC and FLAC streams. I can't test this, since I have a TIDAL Premium subscription that only offers AAC (320kbps) streams.
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-01-11 at 08:49.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    The latest LMS software that has been officially released is actually 8.1.0. This is the version that is offered for download on https://www.mysqueezebox.com. Some bugs that were found after the release of 8.1.0 have been fixed in the latest 8.1.1 nightly build that can be downloaded from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.1
    At this moment in time (jan 11, 2021) the latest 8.1.1 nightly build can be considered as the most stable version of LMS. I know that 8.1.1 nightly contains some additional TIDAL transcoding fixes compared to 8.1.0, but I don't know if these fixes will make a difference for the choice between AAC and FLAC streams. I can't test this, since I have a TIDAL Premium subscription that only offers AAC (320kbps) streams.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Updated and still no luck. It says that the streaming quality was changed, but still shows ACC.
    Last edited by jeffreykc; 2021-01-13 at 08:40.

I didn't quite get where you are trying to change the quality (should be possible on all players from the Tidal menu pick) and where you see that it hasn't changed. On top of that, since I only have a Premium account, I don't know whether all tracks on Tidal are available lossless, so maybe when you look at the streaming quality of a playing track, that might not reflect the server setting.
    SCALEO Home Server 2105 & piCorePlayer 6.1.0 | Logitech Media Server 8.2.0 | Server Power Control 20120716.103808 | Transporter & Duet & Touch & Boom & Radio | Rotel RC-995 & RMB-100 | Nubert NuVero 140

Quote Originally Posted by mvordeme View Post
    I didn't quite get where you are trying to change the quality (should be possible on all players from the Tidal menu pick) and where you see that it hasn't changed. On top of that, since I only have a Premium account, I don't know whether all tracks on Tidal are available lossless, so maybe when you look at the streaming quality of a playing track, that might not reflect the server setting.
    Yeah you are right, where you change the setting isn't changed, however my ability to change it has regardless of the track. I didn't have this problem when my subscription was with Apple, but when I changed it to Tidal directly this seemed to occur. Not sure why that would be if that is indeed the case.

There is indeed something weird about the streaming quality menu, but so far, I had attributed that to my premium account. I took my Transporter to Home > My Apps > Streaming Quality. The display showed 1 of 2 FLAC or AAC and the TransNav wheel froze in place. I could neither turn it nor go back, and I didn't get any indication of which streaming quality is selected. I used the remote, and after playing with the volume, I was able to navigate the menu, but still I can pick any of the two menu entries and nothing changes, no indication of having selected the first or the second. The LMS web UI gives me the option to "heart" (save) a streaming quality, which adds them to the favourites list. When I click one, it will always tell me that the streaming quality has been changed, but there is no indication of which has been selected. I would expect the radio button thing that is used in the settings.
    SCALEO Home Server 2105 & piCorePlayer 6.1.0 | Logitech Media Server 8.2.0 | Server Power Control 20120716.103808 | Transporter & Duet & Touch & Boom & Radio | Rotel RC-995 & RMB-100 | Nubert NuVero 140

Yeah, I can go through the settings and try and change the file type but it always show ACC when I go back and look at the setting, so I don't think it is working. I hope there is someone monitoring this thread and is working on the problem. No since in using Tidal if I can play flac files from my SqueezeBox.

Thanks everyone for your responses.