Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Attention TIDAL users - changesahead!

> The answer to that is "almost" but maybe this can be addressed?

Unfortunately we're not allowed to stream to users of the free plan.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > The answer to that is "almost" but maybe this can be addressed?

Unfortunately we're not allowed to stream to users of the free plan.
    thanks for asking and following up Michael. It does seem strange that they would supply windows, android, and i-apps, probably with the intent of getting you to like it and sign up for a paid plan. So you would think that expanding that marketing "net" would help, But, there must be more to it than that.

Jim

Attention TIDAL users - changesahead!

One part of the response was reminding that this was US only for now
    anyway. Who knows? Maybe the situation changes once it's available globally.

--

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    One part of the response was reminding that this was US only for now
    anyway. Who knows? Maybe the situation changes once it's available globally.

--
    sure, they are probably just sticking their toe in the water to see if a free plan is a good marketing strategy, hence US only to start.

In the mean time, their paid service doesn't break the bank. I was interested in trying the free mostly because I do allot of casual (non critical/background) listening, and listen to allot of different things. I saw this as a "get to know you" opportunity. As it stands now I can do that with windows or phone/pad headphone jack.

Again, thank you for your follow up. Your "to do" list must be really long!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    thanks for asking and following up Michael. It does seem strange that they would supply windows, android, and i-apps, probably with the intent of getting you to like it and sign up for a paid plan. So you would think that expanding that marketing "net" would help, But, there must be more to it than that.

Jim
    My guess, without any supporting facts, is that with windows (cookies), android apps, and iphone apps allows Tidal to get information about you that is valuable. Perhaps streaming to SB devices does not allow collection of information Tidal is seeking?

Paul

Well .... they know who the listener is (logged in), where the listening is from (IP address) and what is being listened to (they are providing it) ... they should not need anything else!
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    ... they should not need anything else!
    except for which chicken recipe I am considering making for dinner?

well, they have established their marketing strategy, and as an engineer, I am not required to understand it (so I'm told)

Jim