Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Streaming radio doesn't play on Transporter

My main stereo system with a Transporter was down for a while as my preamp was being repaired. Today I noticed that streaming radio doesn't play on the Transporter. The only other Squeezebox set up in my house right now is a Radio, and streaming radio plays fine on it.

I've tried both direct streaming and proxied streaming settings for the Transporter and neither one plays. On the server, the progress bar moves, I get feedback like covers and track info. On the Transporter I see track info, but the VU meters don't show anything playing.

odd problem. I haven't seen this. My first step would be to do a xlinx reset. May not help, but can't hurt anything.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...er_xilix_reset
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    odd problem. I haven't seen this. My first step would be to do a xlinx reset. May not help, but can't hurt anything.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...er_xilix_reset
    Thanks.

Made no difference.

But I examined the streaming codec of the stations and discovered that they were all AAC. After trying a number of other streams I found one streaming in MP3 and that played fine.

I'm thinking I may have been playing around with file type conversions at some time in the past and munged the AAC conversion. Looks like it's being transcoded to FLAC, or trying to be. I think I'll figure it out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    Thanks.

Made no difference.

But I examined the streaming codec of the stations and discovered that they were all AAC. After trying a number of other streams I found one streaming in MP3 and that played fine.

I'm thinking I may have been playing around with file type conversions at some time in the past and munged the AAC conversion. Looks like it's being transcoded to FLAC, or trying to be. I think I'll figure it out eventually.
    makes sense. I've never changed my file type settings (all at default). AAC files play fine on transporter.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    makes sense. I've never changed my file type settings (all at default). AAC files play fine on transporter.
    What are the default settings you have for AAC in Settings > Advanced > File Types? This is what I have currently. The problem is either here or (more likely) in my convert.conf.

Code:
    File Format     Stream Format      Decoder
    AAC             AAC                Native
                    FLAC               faad/flac
                    MP3                faad/lame
                    PCM                faad

What are the default settings you have for AAC in Settings > Advanced > File Types? This is what I have currently. The problem is either here or (more likely) in my convert.conf.

Code:
                    PCM                faad
    I have exactly the same....

Code:
                    PCM                faad
    #
    Since transcoding will use both faad and flac - Check that they work OK from a command line (i.e. no arguments - just see if banner messages appear)