Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Streaming radio doesn't play on Transporter

My main stereo system with a Transporter was down for a while as my preamp was being repaired. Today I noticed that streaming radio doesn't play on the Transporter. The only other Squeezebox set up in my house right now is a Radio, and streaming radio plays fine on it.

I've tried both direct streaming and proxied streaming settings for the Transporter and neither one plays. On the server, the progress bar moves, I get feedback like covers and track info. On the Transporter I see track info, but the VU meters don't show anything playing.

odd problem. I haven't seen this. My first step would be to do a xlinx reset. May not help, but can't hurt anything.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...er_xilix_reset
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    odd problem. I haven't seen this. My first step would be to do a xlinx reset. May not help, but can't hurt anything.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...er_xilix_reset
    Thanks.

Made no difference.

But I examined the streaming codec of the stations and discovered that they were all AAC. After trying a number of other streams I found one streaming in MP3 and that played fine.

I'm thinking I may have been playing around with file type conversions at some time in the past and munged the AAC conversion. Looks like it's being transcoded to FLAC, or trying to be. I think I'll figure it out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    Thanks.

Made no difference.

But I examined the streaming codec of the stations and discovered that they were all AAC. After trying a number of other streams I found one streaming in MP3 and that played fine.

I'm thinking I may have been playing around with file type conversions at some time in the past and munged the AAC conversion. Looks like it's being transcoded to FLAC, or trying to be. I think I'll figure it out eventually.
    makes sense. I've never changed my file type settings (all at default). AAC files play fine on transporter.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

makes sense. I've never changed my file type settings (all at default). AAC files play fine on transporter.
    What are the default settings you have for AAC in Settings > Advanced > File Types? This is what I have currently. The problem is either here or (more likely) in my convert.conf.

Code:
    File Format     Stream Format      Decoder
    AAC             AAC                Native
                    FLAC               faad/flac
                    MP3                faad/lame
                    PCM                faad

What are the default settings you have for AAC in Settings > Advanced > File Types? This is what I have currently. The problem is either here or (more likely) in my convert.conf.

Code:
                    PCM                faad
    I have exactly the same....

Code:
                    PCM                faad
    #
    Since transcoding will use both faad and flac - Check that they work OK from a command line (i.e. no arguments - just see if banner messages appear)

Re-examining this... (I just gave up last year.)

Here is the radio stream I'm trying to play on the Transporter, but get no audio. It shows about 3 seconds of progress in the web UI, then the counter resets to 0:00. Maybe someone else could try it?

http://kuvo-ice.streamguys.org/kuvo-aac-128

Web page: KUVO 89.3 Denver

It plays on my SB Radio, apparently natively. On the Transporter I see this info in the web interface:

File Format: AAC
    Bitrate: 128kbps CBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC)
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    URL: http://kuvo-ice.streamguys.org/kuvo-aac-128

I'm using the stock convert.conf and types.conf files, no changes to the streaming formats (shown in a previous post). Both faad.exe and flac.exe are in place and are the versions installed by LMS. I'm running LMS 8.2 beta, built May 30.

Hi, I just tried that link and it played on my Transporter (running LMS 8.1.2 on rPi). I did notice that everytime I stopped, then restarted the station, it would show about 3 seconds of nothing, then start over at 0. But when it started over, it played fine and showed 128kbps AAC stream. It also showed the artist and song title as metadata.

edit: and all my filetype settings are default and I don't use a custom config file, etc. All default.

Hi, I just tried that link and it played on my Transporter
    Thanks.

showed 128kbps AAC stream
    In the web interface, it shows that it's being transcoded to FLAC, though, doesn't it?