Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJZolx
    • Apr 2005

Streaming radio doesn't play on Transporter

My main stereo system with a Transporter was down for a while as my preamp was being repaired. Today I noticed that streaming radio doesn't play on the Transporter. The only other Squeezebox set up in my house right now is a Radio, and streaming radio plays fine on it.

I've tried both direct streaming and proxied streaming settings for the Transporter and neither one plays. On the server, the progress bar moves, I get feedback like covers and track info. On the Transporter I see track info, but the VU meters don't show anything playing.
  • garym
    • May 2008

odd problem. I haven't seen this. My first step would be to do a xlinx reset. May not help, but can't hurt anything.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• JJZolx
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by garym
      odd problem. I haven't seen this. My first step would be to do a xlinx reset. May not help, but can't hurt anything.
      http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...er_xilix_reset
      Thanks.

Made no difference.

But I examined the streaming codec of the stations and discovered that they were all AAC. After trying a number of other streams I found one streaming in MP3 and that played fine.

I'm thinking I may have been playing around with file type conversions at some time in the past and munged the AAC conversion. Looks like it's being transcoded to FLAC, or trying to be. I think I'll figure it out eventually.

Comment

• garym
        • May 2008

Originally posted by JJZolx
        Thanks.

Made no difference.

But I examined the streaming codec of the stations and discovered that they were all AAC. After trying a number of other streams I found one streaming in MP3 and that played fine.

I'm thinking I may have been playing around with file type conversions at some time in the past and munged the AAC conversion. Looks like it's being transcoded to FLAC, or trying to be. I think I'll figure it out eventually.
        makes sense. I've never changed my file type settings (all at default). AAC files play fine on transporter.
        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• JJZolx
          • Apr 2005

makes sense. I've never changed my file type settings (all at default). AAC files play fine on transporter.
          What are the default settings you have for AAC in Settings > Advanced > File Types? This is what I have currently. The problem is either here or (more likely) in my convert.conf.

Code:
          File Format     Stream Format      Decoder
          AAC             AAC                Native
                          FLAC               faad/flac
                          MP3                faad/lame
                          PCM                faad

Comment

• garym
            • May 2008

What are the default settings you have for AAC in Settings > Advanced > File Types? This is what I have currently. The problem is either here or (more likely) in my convert.conf.

Code:
                            PCM                faad
            I have exactly the same....

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

Code:
                              PCM                faad
              #
              Since transcoding will use both faad and flac - Check that they work OK from a command line (i.e. no arguments - just see if banner messages appear)

Comment

• JJZolx
                • Apr 2005

Re-examining this... (I just gave up last year.)

Here is the radio stream I'm trying to play on the Transporter, but get no audio. It shows about 3 seconds of progress in the web UI, then the counter resets to 0:00. Maybe someone else could try it?

Web page: KUVO 89.3 Denver

It plays on my SB Radio, apparently natively. On the Transporter I see this info in the web interface:

File Format: AAC
                Bitrate: 128kbps CBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC)
                Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
                URL: http://kuvo-ice.streamguys.org/kuvo-aac-128

I'm using the stock convert.conf and types.conf files, no changes to the streaming formats (shown in a previous post). Both faad.exe and flac.exe are in place and are the versions installed by LMS. I'm running LMS 8.2 beta, built May 30.

Comment

• garym
                  • May 2008

Hi, I just tried that link and it played on my Transporter (running LMS 8.1.2 on rPi). I did notice that everytime I stopped, then restarted the station, it would show about 3 seconds of nothing, then start over at 0. But when it started over, it played fine and showed 128kbps AAC stream. It also showed the artist and song title as metadata.

edit: and all my filetype settings are default and I don't use a custom config file, etc. All default.

Comment

• JJZolx
                    • Apr 2005

Hi, I just tried that link and it played on my Transporter
                    Thanks.

showed 128kbps AAC stream
                    In the web interface, it shows that it's being transcoded to FLAC, though, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...