Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by troffasky View Post
    Would setting the squeezelite's buffer to the same or less than the slimp3's be a valid test of this hypothesis?
    I don't think so as SliMP3 has special cases within LMS as it uses an older version of sync and slimproto.

When Touch/Radio was first developed, there were big problems with sync with SliMP3. IIRC Initially SliMP3 were not supported synced with Touch/Radio. Its small buffer and small processor (MP3 decode is not done by CPU) was suited to low data rate MP3 streams typically max 64kb/s at the time SliMP3 was released. It is possible there is a code error that will fix the problem but it may just be the problem moves elsewhere.

Would setting the squeezelite's buffer to the same or less than the slimp3's be a valid test of this hypothesis?
    Did you try reducing the radio station buffer?
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Did you try reducing the radio station buffer?
    Well would you look at that...it was set to 11s, reduced it to 3s, and now it's working! Both in sync perfectly.

I did actually try reducing the squeezelite buffer size but this didn't work at all with any media type.
    Last edited by troffasky; 2020-05-29 at 07:33.

Well would you look at that...it was set to 11s, reduced it to 3s, and now it's working! Both in sync perfectly.

I did actually try reducing the squeezelite buffer size but this didn't work at all with any media type.
    It cannot work to reduce too much squeezelite buffers. They must be fairly large, and the smaller you go, the more risks you'll have side effects

Well, I'm glad it works although I want to beat myself as I wanted to suggest that possibility (radio station buffer) earlier that would have saved me some deep dives into the LMS code
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-05-29 at 22:53.
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3