Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hi,

You need to edit the following files :
    • /etc/systemd/system/squeezelite.service : line 7, change squeezelite parameters, at least the mac address
    • /home/dietpi/OLED/lms_oled_1.54_spi_audiophonics.py : line 71 with lms server details and line 75 with the mac address specified for squeezelite
    • /etc/lirc/lmscli.exp : line 27 and following with lms server details

Quote Originally Posted by eristoff View Post
    Hi,

You need to edit the following files :
    • /etc/systemd/system/squeezelite.service : line 7, change squeezelite parameters, at least the mac address
    • /home/dietpi/OLED/lms_oled_1.54_spi_audiophonics.py : line 71 with lms server details and line 75 with the mac address specified for squeezelite
    • /etc/lirc/lmscli.exp : line 27 and following with lms server details
    Thanks for info, will have a look.

I have managed to get a remote to work. I have a Harmony 650 and read that it supported the squeezebox touch remote. Installed picoreplayer's default LIRC files, set GPIO pin to 4 and it's all up and running with the Harmony.

I got the Audiophonics python OLED script working with on pCP 6.1 with python3.6
    (A quick and dirty port of an old Audiophonics python script is attached.)

Increase your filesystem size (500 MB is more than enough)

Install the following extensions: compiletc.tcz, freetype-dev.tcz, python3.6-dev.tcz, squashfs-tools.tcz (I may have forgotten one or two)

Create a file called reqs.pip with the following contents:

Code:
    pillow --global-option="build_ext" --global-option="--disable-jpeg" --global-option="--disable-zlib" --global-option="--enable-freetype"
    luma.oled
    luma.core
    pyftdi
    smbus2
    spidev
    RPI.GPIO
    pyusb
    pyserial
    pylms
    Then run the following commands

Code:
    sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
    pip install -r reqs.pip --prefix=/tmp/raspdacmini-deps/usr/local --ignore-installed
    sed -i 's/\t/        /' /tmp/raspdacmini-deps/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylms/player.py
    mksquashfs /tmp/raspdacmini-deps /tmp/raspdacmini-py36-deps.tcz
    sudo cp -p /tmp/raspdacmini-py36-deps.tcz /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional
    echo raspdacmini-py36-deps.tcz | sudo tee -a /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/onboot.lst
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gregex; 2020-06-26 at 12:42. Reason: Reattach python3 script

Quote Originally Posted by gregex View Post
    I got the Audiophonics python OLED script working with on pCP 6.1 with python3.6

Install the following extensions: compiletc.tcz, freetype-dev.tcz, python3.6-dev.tcz, squashfs-tools.tcz (I may have forgotten one or two)

Code:
    pillow --global-option="build_ext" --global-option="--disable-jpeg" --global-option="--disable-zlib" --global-option="--enable-freetype"
    luma.oled
    luma.core
    pyftdi
    smbus2
    spidev
    RPI.GPIO
    pyusb
    pyserial
    pylms

Code:
    pip install -r reqs.pip --prefix=/tmp/raspdacmini-deps/usr/local --ignore-installed
    sed -i 's/\t/        /' /tmp/raspdacmini-deps/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylms/player.py

Thanks for info, will give it ago when I have a minute.

Code:
    luma.oled
    luma.core
    pyftdi
    smbus2
    spidev
    RPI.GPIO
    pyusb
    pyserial
    pylms

Code:
    Tried installing a couple of times today but no luck, seems to install ok but no display.

On reboot the reqs.pip file is empty, is this normal?

Is the lms_oled_1.54_spi_audiophonics_py3.py file just for info or do I need to run it some how?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kit1cat View Post
    Tried installing a couple of times today but no luck, seems to install ok but no display.

On reboot the reqs.pip file is empty, is this normal?

Is the lms_oled_1.54_spi_audiophonics_py3.py file just for info or do I need to run it some how?

Thanks
    reqs.pip won't survive a reboot unless you do a backup, but you only need that file if you are building the python dependencies.

Sorry, I should have been clear -- run this to start the display:

Code:
    python3 lms_oled_1.54_spi_audiophonics_py3.py
    If it works and you like it, add that line to "User Commands" on the Tweaks page to start it on reboot.
    If you get errors, post here.

reqs.pip won't survive a reboot unless you do a backup, but you only need that file if you are building the python dependencies.

Sorry, I should have been clear -- run this to start the display:

Code:
    python3 lms_oled_1.54_spi_audiophonics_py3.py
    If it works and you like it, add that line to "User Commands" on the Tweaks page to start it on reboot.
    If you get errors, post here.
    Thanks, sorry to be a pain, but is there a way to copy the python3 lms_oled_1.54_spi_audiophonics_py3.py file from windows to the sd card? I normally use Linux file system for windows by Paragon Software but I don't think that will work with picoreplayer.

WinSCP (works alongside Putty) is a good way to move files between pCP and Windows.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Microsoft got their act together and full embraced the Linux world with WSL 2

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10

No more dual booting, or Docker
    You can spin up a linux environment in seconds along with all the tools and productivity enhancements you'd ever need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fntjriRe48

Under windows 10 has full linux integration inclusive of ssh and scp so use of WinSCP, Filezilla or putty is pretty much moot

I only use a Windows machine at home for my Photoshop setup but now I have no excuse not to spin up a Linux instance on the same machine and get the best of both worlds.
    As of 2020/07/09

Total Tracks: 151,425
    Total Albums: 13,873
    Total Artists: 19,632
    Total Genres: 692
    Total Playing Time: 24320:13:27