Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

My squeezebox problem

I have recentley noticed that my squeezebox classic has been acting up. At times it will not continue to the next song. It will stop when a song is finished playing. Also, at times it will stop and re-boot itself. It acts as if it has lost it's connection to my wireless system. My router is a fairly new netrgear "N" router. To see if the server software is the problem, I backed out the latest version of the logitech server and reinstalled the previous version. the results have been the same. I have been using the i-peng app on my i-pad. Thought that this may have caused a problem, but it doesn't look like it. Tried using the logitech app for the squeezebox, but the problems still exist.

If anybody has been having the same problems, and if they have figured it out, that would be usefull info.

Hope my squeezebox is not dying.

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by RaulAlonso View Post
    I have recentley noticed that my squeezebox classic has been acting up. At times it will not continue to the next song. It will stop when a song is finished playing. Also, at times it will stop and re-boot itself. It acts as if it has lost it's connection to my wireless system. My router is a fairly new netrgear "N" router. To see if the server software is the problem, I backed out the latest version of the logitech server and reinstalled the previous version. the results have been the same. I have been using the i-peng app on my i-pad. Thought that this may have caused a problem, but it doesn't look like it. Tried using the logitech app for the squeezebox, but the problems still exist.

If anybody has been having the same problems, and if they have figured it out, that would be usefull info.

thanks,
    Did these problems begin as soon as you changed to new router? Or did it work with new router and has only started now?

Check router is using b/g/n mode and not just n.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The obvious first thing to try is connect with ethernet. If that works, the problem is something to do with the wi-fi. There have been reports of Squeezebox wi-fi cards coming loose and reseating them fixes the issue.

If it still acts up over ethernet, the next thing to check is the power supply. Squeezeboxes can behave in all manner of weird ways if the power supply is dodgy.
    Transporter -> ATC SCM100A

Quote Originally Posted by RaulAlonso View Post

thanks,
    Classic power supply failure. Try a different power supply.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Classic power supply failure. Try a different power supply.
    If PSU is OK - then reseat/remove/replace WLAN card - next most common failure in Classic - failing WLAN or badly seated can cause reboots even when wireless is not the network connection.

For steps see - https://lowtek.ca/roo/2011/squeezebox-classic-repair/

edit:
    For all sort of SB3 tasks see
    Joe Muc's blog https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/...x-classic.html