Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Linux user squeezeboxserver password

Hello all,

On my Linux LMS installation I wish to move the playlists folder to a NAS. My NAS does not allow setting a share to be full access to all users so I need to know the password of the Linux user squeezeboxserver, that gets setup on install and is the owner of the current playlists folder; /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/Plugins. Does anyone know if this is the same password for all installations?

My thinking is I can then add this user to my NAS and so move the playlists folder.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul.

I would have thought you could create any password you want on the NAS and then create NFS mount from your LMS machine to the NAS box using those new credentials.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by paulsbox2000@gmail.com View Post
    Hello all,

On my Linux LMS installation I wish to move the playlists folder to a NAS. My NAS does not allow setting a share to be full access to all users so I need to know the password of the Linux user squeezeboxserver, that gets setup on install and is the owner of the current playlists folder; /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/Plugins. Does anyone know if this is the same password for all installations?

My thinking is I can then add this user to my NAS and so move the playlists folder.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul.
    Move the files to the NAS and CHOWN them to suit.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng