Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    14

    Access MySqueezebox favourite when in MySqueezebox mode

    For the love of god, can someone help me?

    I want to be able to access a custom radio url via a favourite when connected to MySqueezebox i.e when not connected to my local LMS server.

    I have added to MySqueezebox here : https://mysqueezebox.com/settings/favorites but I cannot get it to show up in the Favourites menu when connected to MySqueezebox.

    I would be happy to add the url manually and then save to favourites but this doesn't seem to be an option.

    I can access the radio station under the 'on mysqueezebox.com' menu when connected to my local LMS server so it is saved.

    Can someone please put me out of my misery?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdo23 View Post
    For the love of god, can someone help me?

    I want to be able to access a custom radio url via a favourite when connected to MySqueezebox i.e when not connected to my local LMS server.

    I have added to MySqueezebox here : https://mysqueezebox.com/settings/favorites but I cannot get it to show up in the Favourites menu when connected to MySqueezebox.

    I would be happy to add the url manually and then save to favourites but this doesn't seem to be an option.

    I can access the radio station under the 'on mysqueezebox.com' menu when connected to my local LMS server so it is saved.

    Can someone please put me out of my misery?

    Thanks in advance!
    What is the URL?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    What is the URL?
    http://server1.chilltrax.com:9000/listen.pls

    i cannot access the favourite itself rather than the favourite not playing.

    thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    2,461
    Just guessing aloud ....

    Do you see your player listed in your expected MySqueezebox account when you connect directly from your play to mysqueeze ?
    Can you control it from http://mysqueezebox.com/player/playerControl ?
    If yes - can you get that favourite to play from there?

    If not - then perhaps it is a station that will only work by proxying through a local LMS and MySqueeze is hiding it from the list on the device (I have no idea if it is that clever).

    Is there a chance that you have more than one MySqueezebox account involved (e.g. acquired the player from someone else)?

    Edit:
    Just seen your reply above ... that stream looks like a regular Shoutcast MP3 stream over http which I would expect to work fine without proxying through local LMS ... so forget that part of my comments above.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2020-05-20 at 13:14.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  5. #5
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdo23 View Post
    http://server1.chilltrax.com:9000/listen.pls

    i cannot access the favourite itself rather than the favourite not playing.

    thanks
    I've just added your URL as a favourite on mySB.com, connected my Boom to mySB.com, on my Boom browsed to Favourites > mrdo23 and it's playing no problem.

    Name:  mysb1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  57.8 KB

    Name:  mysb2.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  42.4 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Just guessing aloud ....

    Do you see your player listed in your expected MySqueezebox account when you connect directly from your play to mysqueeze ?
    Can you control it from http://mysqueezebox.com/player/playerControl ?
    If yes - can you get that favourite to play from there?

    If not - then perhaps it is a station that will only work by proxying through a local LMS and MySqueeze is hiding it from the list on the device (I have no idea if it is that clever).

    Is there a chance that you have more than one MySqueezebox account involved (e.g. acquired the player from someone else)?

    Edit:
    Just seen your reply above ... that stream looks like a regular Shoutcast MP3 stream over http which I would expect to work fine without proxying through local LMS ... so forget that part of my comments above.
    that man wins a coconut!

    jeez, i've had that player for a couple of years (bought second-hand as replacement) and didn't realise that it had a different mysqueezebox account registered. assumed it picked it up from an LMS setting somewhere which doesn't make any sense now that I think about it.

    thanks both for taking the time to respond - that has been driving me nuts for ages now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •