Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PiCore Player setup

I need some help! I have been trying to set up 2 players using Pi4, HiFiBerry, PiCore player, LMS & Squeezer with analog output to my receiver. These are to replace my Duets. LMS and music files are located on my computer.

The players are recognized by LMS and I can select music to play using Squeezer, but I have the following issues:

1. No sound out of the player.
    2. If pause is selected, the track starts over from the beginning without pausing
    3. I am unable to set up WiFi.

I have tried to set this up numerous times now without success. Can someone walk me thru this.

Thanks.

This is a new setup ?? is the hi fi berry a DAC ?

I would first be sure the receiver is setup and connections/inputs make sense ..I have a Pi3 with a behringer DAC -- I spent literally an hour trying to figure out why the picore player had no sound, until I saw the speaker1 was not selected...

It seems like the networking is OK, as they both appear in the LMS and can be accessed with squeezer...

I also would check the squeezelite settings, and be sure it is running.. the main landing page should show status -- a green check mark

obviously lots of moving parts here --- we will get to the bottom of this !

Here is what I see on my squeezelite control panel:
    Name:  PCP.png
Views: 170
Size:  35.5 KB
    ----------------------------------------------
    Bill Clark, Windham, VT
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.3 - 1591161343 @ Thu Jun 4 04:13:32 CEST 2020
    Hostname: ubuntu-lms - ProxMox Virtual Environment 5.4-3 | Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
    piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | www v0005 | linux 4.19.105-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP
    -----------------------------------------------

This is a new install.

The hifiberry is a DAC +Pro with analog outputs/RCA jacks.

The main page confirms squeezelite is running.

Squeezelite settings are:
    audio output device setting: Analog audio
    output setting: hw:CARD=ALSA

These were the defaults.

As I sit here at my computer with the Pi connected to Ethernet, I can select and play music using Squeezer. If I pause and resume play, the song starts over at the beginning, not where it was paused. I am not connected to my receiver.

You are currently selected to use onboard audio, of course those are the default settings. You need to select the Hifiberry card in the drop down menu, then reboot.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I've selected hifiberry DAC+ (and pro, amp2).

This changed the output setting to hw:Card=sndrpihifiberry.

Still no sound., but the pause button seemed to work correctly.

It should be very simple. Have you seen this guide?

https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_getting_started.shtml

I've followed the guide. Where it says to reboot, I just get a message that squeezelite has stopped and then restarted.

I agree it is probably something simple. I will retry from scratch tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by blusterbrown View Post
    I've selected hifiberry DAC+ (and pro, amp2).

This changed the output setting to hw:Card=sndrpihifiberry.

Still no sound., but the pause button seemed to work correctly.

Look in LMS Settings > Player > Audio > set volume output to 100% (set your amp volume control low and then adjust)

ronnie

Where is the volume setting you are referring to? I can't find any on the LMS control panel. I do have the volume set @ 100% in Squeezer.

I have tried to set up hifiberryOS earlier today and got the same results: no sound, puse doesn't always work correctly., I lose connectivity on wifi (but both the hifiberryOS & pCP setup screens say wifi is set up.

Really stumped here.