Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duet set up

Another option is to attempt to set up the Receiver using Net::UDAP.

Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    OK, thanks for the help everyone.

So, it appears that I have to factory reset both the controller and the receiver for this to work. I am a bit reluctant to reset the controller, since I added some code years ago to make it use a fixed IP address, and right now I have no clue how I did that. But I guess... I managed it once, I could manage it again. And anyway, the controller is not of much use with a receiver that does not connect to the network.

If this fails, I can replace the receiver with a Raspberry PI running piCorePlayer. That's Plan B

OK.. seems I have some setting up to do.
    Thanks.
    LMS has lost my receivers many times for various reasons and I always reset the controller and receiver, and bring them up together. You do not have to factory reset your receiver (if I am recalling correctly). I think all of my controller color, menu order, etc remain in tact. I outlined the process in post #2 of this thread:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ng-for-players

I have found over the years and frustrations that connection issues with receivers are related to wifi strength and stability. My ethernet connected ones are rock solid. I have one on wifi in a location on the fringes of wifi range and it is always troublesome.

good luck;
    Jim

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)

Success, finally!

OK, guys, my Duet is up and running again! Thanks for all the help.

Indeed, I had to reset also the controller. How annoying. All my customization has to be redone and I have now idea how I did some of those long ago...

One strange thing: even though it was factory reset, the controller still remembered that it was registered with my account on MySB.com. Surprising, but it simplified things as I am not sure about the password

So, now I only have to figure out how to set the controller to use a static IP-address. If that is at all necessary, that was a consequence of the old router; the controller was slow to wake up and setting a fixed IP address made it wake up significantly faster. Maybe it is not necessary anymore, I'll see.
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

Indeed, I had to reset also the controller. How annoying. All my customization has to be redone and I have now idea how I did some of those long ago...

One strange thing: even though it was factory reset, the controller still remembered that it was registered with my account on MySB.com. Surprising, but it simplified things as I am not sure about the password

So, now I only have to figure out how to set the controller to use a static IP-address. If that is at all necessary, that was a consequence of the old router; the controller was slow to wake up and setting a fixed IP address made it wake up significantly faster. Maybe it is not necessary anymore, I'll see.
    You success lead to me learning something...my controller wake up is notoriously slow, to the point of me muttering "why?". So much I seldom keep them out of the cradle. Maybe a static IP would have helped me. Thanks! However, while I still like the controllers, I use/like them primarily as a "now playing" screen, because there are so many options for phone, PC control (I use material, sqeeeze cntrl) that the only time I use the controller is if I am in the same room that a controller is, and remove it, and return it to the cradle.

I don't have a controller at this location but I am surprised that you had to do a factory reset. I guess I didn't pay that much attention. I always tough the '+' pwr combo was a bit of a soft reset...

cheers
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by BartS View Post
    I had the same problem yesterday: just couldn't connect to wifi/LMS. The controller will connect to the receiver, but can't connect to the WiFi-network and/or LMS.
    I suspect the WiFi-card in the receiver is going bad (that would be the 2nd time...).

See if you can make a wired connection to the receiver? That worked for me, the receiver is playing happily along all morning, without dropping out or resetting.
    That should make clear if the receiver is working at all.

What the manual doesn't say very clear is, that you also have to do a factory reset on the controller too (Settings/Advanced menu).
    At least that was what I had to do to get to the choice ethernet/wifi.

---
    Update: WiFi-card is definitely deceased: I just ordered a new one. If you can wait a few weeks, they're cheap from Chin at Ç6.
    Replacement WiFi-card arrived finally. Plugged it in the receiver, and it is playing fine, no connection or syncing issues anymore.

Setting static IP in Controller

From a long time ago if you can ssh in to the controller to set a static IP. User Root PW 1234 File Protocol SCP. Hope this helps.

If you know how to mess around in a Linux prompt, you can edit the file
    /etc/network/interfaces on the controller to give it a static IP.

Change this section:

iface <name of your wifi network> inet dhcp
    script /etc/network/udhcpc_action

to:

iface <name of your wifi network> inet static
    address 192.168.2.50
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 192.168.2.0
    broadcast 192.168.2.255
    gateway 192.168.2.1

Ofcourse you should use the correct IP addresses/netmasks that goes for
    your system - you can use /sbin/ifconfig to get the info needed. You
    might also have to edit /etc/resolv.conf, but I guess it'll already have
    the correct value (name server) if you're running DHCP now.

Howard

I finally came back to this after being busy with other things, and it just worked first time. Thanks for everyone's comments and advice!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSloth View Post
    Hi all

I'm a long time Squeezebox user (SB3, Touch, Radio) but have just got a Duet. I've set up the Controller, it's on the wireless network and I can see and control Logitech Media Center on the Pi, but I'm having trouble getting the Receiver set up...
    following the instructions found on this forum (below) I get to step 2 fine, the Receiver appears and I can select it...but then it says connecting to my wireless network until it times out and says either 'Try again' or 'Skip this step'. I must be missing something obvious here, any assistance would be very gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMan
    There is no need to factory reset the Controller. It can stay as it is.

What you need to do is:
    1. Press and hold the button on the front of the new receiver until it flashes red rapidly.
    2. On the controller go to the "choose player" item. There you will see two receivers, the usual name of your first one and another name something like "Receiver 25a612". This is the player you want to configure. The numbers/characters in the name are part of the Reciever's MAC address.
    3. Select this player and it will then ask you a set of questions to connect it to your network (whether wired or wireless, the SSID of your wireless network, and so on).

You will then be connected. Nothing should have happened to your Controller!

Thanks, GreenSloth