Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Python install for spdifconvert.py / encapsulating .ac3 (& .dts) to .wav

Have had Python installed in the past and had no problem running spdifconvert.py to encapsulate .ac3 & .dts files to .wav so I can stream them from SB3 / Transporter to an AV amp.

I had to do a rebuild of my PC a while back and updated to Windows 10. I haven't needed to use spdifconvert for some time & not since re-building my PC.

I have re-installed Python 2.3 from the python-2.3.exe. I can run python.exe & it seems OK (Print "hello" returns "hello" !!) but when I run the script on a test file: "spdifconvert.py test.ac3" I just get the message "Not using stdin, and no input file name specified! Aborting"

The test.ac3 file plays OK in Foobar2000 & properties show it is a 6ch file.

I am using Windows 10 Home.

Anyone able to suggest what I have done wrong with the python install / whats missing or suggest where to look?

I know there are much more recent versions of Python but I seem to recall the script wouldnt run against some versions of Python, so stuck with 2.3 as it was confirmed it worked with this version.

Are there any other ways to encapsulate .ac3 to .wav using Foobar / VLC or any other program?

Any help appreciated!
    SB Touch (modded)/Chord Mojo or Linn LP12/MuseII/AudioMods Tonearm, Cambridge Audio Azur 851E pre & Crimson 640 (x4) power, Martin Logan Aerius i

Having just installed Python & the script on a very old lappy running XP 2002 (!!!) all ran fine so I assume its a problem with Windows 10 & Python 2.3 perhaps...?
    SB Touch (modded)/Chord Mojo or Linn LP12/MuseII/AudioMods Tonearm, Cambridge Audio Azur 851E pre & Crimson 640 (x4) power, Martin Logan Aerius i