Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

One album shows up multiple times in listing

This has been going on for a while but I finally decided to ask this forum to see what am I doing wrong:

I have a few albums from my library (which contains about 1,000 albums) that instead of showing up once in the albums listing, it shows twice, sometimes more. This shows up on the Web UI as well as other UIs (Materials, iPad app, etc). Each off these multiple showings has some of the tracks from that albums. I have checked the tags of the tracks using MP3tag to make sure that the Album, Album Artist, and Artist tags are the same and correct. But yet, for some reason, I think LMS thinks that some of the tracks contain different tag information than the other tracks (BTW, the album art is the same for each of the multiple listings).

I have been wracking my brains (and my eyes) and cannot figure out why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you done a "Clear library and rescan everything" rescan? Sometimes it's necessary.

First, load one of the offending albums into Mp3tag and look at extended tags: select all > ALT+T. Are there are any tags you weren't expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Have you done a "Clear library and rescan everything" rescan? Sometimes it's necessary.

First, load one of the offending albums into Mp3tag and look at extended tags: select all > ALT+T. Are there are any tags you weren't expecting?
    Also look carefully for capitalisation differences in particularly the album title.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Also look carefully for capitalisation differences in particularly the album title.
    Also spaces.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone, I was finally able to clean up the tags using your suggestions.